christianity

by BR25 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• bebu
    bebu

BR25, consider this verse a moment:

1JN 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

What was his point? That some Christians (those who believe in the name of the Son of God) did not realize that they were being given eternal life. They were no less Christian for not knowing this detail.

We can't know when our hearts are best prepared to encounter God; we can't force God to show Himself; but we can choose to pursue Him. When we decide we want Him--and not a big emotional experience--we start on the path to really meeting Him.

BTW I do not watch Christian church or evangelical programs. More of them make me cringe than otherwise.

A tip: to worship God in a simple way, trace back all the blessings you are aware of; acknowledge Him wherever/whenever you recognize Him. Let it be personal, not mechanical. Eventually, you'll find His hand in everything in your life. Awe (worship) will come naturally.

Terry...

I've been on planet Earth for 60 years and have never seen, heard or read about somebody suddenly having a talent.

I'd be willing to entertain the notion I've missed the headline. Can you please direct me to a case of a sudden musical talent? A sudden artistic talent? A sudden mathematical talent? A sudden chess talent that had not been there previous to the onset of suddeness?

I'm not kidding.

http://www.artakiane.com/ since you asked. Akiane is a sudden artist and poet prodigy, who claims God taught her. She had no interest in art, no disposition toward poetry, no special talents in language in the least beforehand. (The book has more details.) She wants her art to draw people to God.

IMO surely character has the deepest impact, not talents. John Newton is an excellent example of how character change, not talent, tremendously supported port the end of the British slave trade. A person with talent may be selfish and deliberately never share it, anyway! Talent needs good character (goodwill) to be of benefit, or it's useless. There are many people who have been freed suddenly by God from addictions, or who have been enabled to forgive or to admit they had been wrong, and I think that the personal and social impact is much more significant than being a sudden chess prodigy. I think anyone with an addicted relative (or a relative with a severe temper problem) would agree.

bebu

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    What kinda of feeling do you get cause I hear this from so many other christians. Is it like orgasmic or something?

Individual I'm sure

For me it's peace, rest ....... a knowing of that it's ok

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit