My vacation in Ohio and Kentucky

by Junction-Guy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

What guy? you mean my uncle? Well he is 82 years old and was born and raised a JW but left in the 1940's after high school, he was never a JW while we were growing up, and is very political and patriotic, his actions are so un-JW, yet he attends the meetings regularly. I just cant figure out where he is going with this. He has been attending meetings for the past 8 years, yet he still isnt baptized, and he still attends Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners at his childrens houses, and he also attends birthday parties. He,like my grandma, hates the churches and loves to criticize them. If he were to get baptized, then his whole world would change, and he would practically have to kiss his family goodbye. I believe he realizes this, and that is why he hasnt been baptized yet.

This is a very small rural county where he lives, and he couldnt make a move without someone knowing his business.

One of these days, Darin and I will muster enough balls to have a chat with him about this cult, but in the meantime, in the name of family unity, we havent said much yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit