Does looks matter much to you?

by JH 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

What importance do you place in the looks of a friend, or lover?

Does the interior stand out more than the exterior shell which is skin deep?

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Smelling good is more important than looking good. Although a hunk is a hunk is a hunk.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

A person's values and character traits are far more important than her/his looks.

People can't help the way they look very much other than being neat and clean. I do tend to be allergic to strong perfumes, so as far as what a friend might "wear" I'd be uncomfortable with such things like after- shave smelly stuff or the like.

YC

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

Well, I'm recently widowed and since then I've had my bad teeth replaced by partials, dyed my hair to its natural color, lost 15 pounds. But before doing that, I asked 4 women to exchange phone numbers, and all 4 did and all the numbers were real.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    and all the numbers were real.

I love that--that's hilarious!

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Looks are the initial attraction for a lover. Must pass the looks test first, then the personality/mental health/intelligence "test".

All are then just as important, otherwise, it's just "settling" for less, which leads to disappointment.

Friends- looks not important, but the rest are, imo.

BA

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm not going to lie... looks are a big deal to me.

I find it interesting how the little choices we make determine how we are perceived by people around us.

You'd be surprised how differently I'm treated from when my head is freshly shaven and when I have a 1/4" of hair... Its a world of difference.

I'll be honest and say that looks play a big part in how I approach people. I do judge people by their appearance.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Though the shell is attractive, once you get down to the core to view what type of person resides on the inside, no amount of beauty can make up for a soul disturbed from the inside out. I've been witness to some very uguly, outwardly attractive people.

• juni
    juni

Looks for me don't mean anything - though personal hygiene is important. The person's values and their personality means everything.

Juni

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I guess I am very shallow as looks were everything when I got married. And even though I have been married for 35 years, looks are everything when I am looking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit