Difficult to build faith up at church after leaving WTS

by White Dove 34 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have become a private Christian. I have elected to spend little time [at this point at least] on determining doctrine. I love the Bible. I have faith in Jesus.

I know it sounds trite compared to much of what is presented here I suppose. But it works for me.

Jeff

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I asked:

XJW, do you believe that we're in some 'marked' period of time, and that very soon those of us who haven't 'relied on the right persons work' are in for some very bad treatment at the hands of some invisible supernatural beings?

to which XJW replied:

While I am a Pentecostal in relation to worship, I do not hold to every Pentecostal doctrine. That is the fun of being free. I believe that this world is racing towards the end, and yes, I do believe that there will be a Christless eternity for those that do not accept the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. However, that is your own choice. Why should God get blamed for something you chose to reject? If you don't want to live for Him now, why would you want to spend eternity with Him? So don't blame God for the consequences of your choices.

So, in short, the answers to my questions are yes, and yes.

I'm still not seeing where the big difference is between JWism and what you're into now bro...Newbie JW's feel like they've been "freed" from Satan's Systemâ„¢ and that "this world is racing towards the end" and that by evangelizing from door-to-door they are helping people to make their "own choice" about their eternal prospects.

Barf.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I asked:

XJW, do you believe that we're in some 'marked' period of time, and that very soon those of us who haven't 'relied on the right persons work' are in for some very bad treatment at the hands of some invisible supernatural beings?

to which XJW replied:

While I am a Pentecostal in relation to worship, I do not hold to every Pentecostal doctrine. That is the fun of being free. I believe that this world is racing towards the end , and yes, I do believe that there will be a Christless eternity for those that do not accept the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. However, that is your own choice . Why should God get blamed for something you chose to reject? If you don't want to live for Him now, why would you want to spend eternity with Him? So don't blame God for the consequences of your choices.

So, in short, the answers to my questions are yes, and yes.

I'm still not seeing where the big difference is between JWism and what you're into now bro...Newbie JW's feel like they've been "freed" from Satan's Systemâ„¢ and that "this world is racing towards the end" and that by evangelizing from door-to-door they are helping people to make their "own choice" about their eternal prospects.

Barf.

Pearls before the swine, and a monumental waste of my time. Typical.

• moshe
    moshe

My 2nd wife belonged to a charismatic church called "The Vineyard"- I knew something was rotten when I asked the #2 in charge when they were going to have a business meeting to discuss the Church's finances-NOT- they were very big and the founding pastor started it in his home about 5 years earlier- and he wasn't a pastor originally, either- anyway with my help my wife started to realize that things weren't exactly on the up and up, so I got her to agree to switch to the Assemblies of God church. I never accepted any of the speaking in tongues and she knew it. I joined the Southern baptists church after I left the KH in 1988- And went back to that in 1992 after my 2nd wife and I divorced ( her bipolar issues)- I just quit going to church in 1996 after I read the Five Gospels book. I finally understood why my faith was so weak-

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    the biggest difference between the Dubs and where I am at now is this: I truly care about the people I talk to, and do not view them as a magazine placement, return visit or Bible study. Instead the person is a person, and not a number. - XJW
    The purpose of evengelism...is to present the bad news and the good news.The bad news is that a person broken God's law in deed, word and thought, and that there will be a day in which that person will stand before God to answer for his/her sin...The good news, is that Jesus' death paid for every sinful deed, word & thought committed by the person, and lived the perfect life God demands from that person...This is the message that the Apostles preached, but is not preached by the JWs. - XJW

XJW,

You went from the difference in application to the difference in content. I never once disputed that your evangelical message is different.

I only ask that you try to be fair with your claim that Pentecostals care about their target audience more than JWs ever do. Surely that is an exaggeration.

there is no such thing as "pentecostal evangelism" - XJW

So you don't believe in the term. Yet it isn't an insult and it is convenient to me and those who understand perfectly what the term means. So the term stays ;P

INQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit