Proof the Bible Cannot Be Trusted

by JosephAlward 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

>>The Old Testament writers used the word "evening" 111 other times outside of the creation story, and there's zero evidence that the authors meant for us to interpret any of these "evenings" as periods of "darkness and lies." On what basis do you conclude that "evening" meant to the Bible writers then anything more or less than what it means to us now? If God had wanted us to know that each of his days of creation was followed by the rule of Satan during the evening, don’t you think he would have his Bible writers make that clear?<<

It becomes very apparent to those that realize God is recording "day" and "night" diction BEFORE the physical apparatus to cause such physical contrasts were even in existence. There is only ONE other way to understand "day" and "night" when the physical things were not existing to cause that happening. That message is VERY clear throughout the Bible. Darkness is equated with evil. God is Light.

>>The evidence (not present here) shows that the Genesis writers patched together stories about creation and the flood from at least two other traditions, or cultures. One culture believed that the earth was created first, then the sun, while the other believed it happened in the opposite order; one culture believed that Noah brought seven of each animal on board the ark, while the other believed it was two.<<

Your evidence comes from dark intellects of the likes of Richard Elliot Friedman. Man made wisdom. Follow it. They are probably your very destiny.

PS. There was a distinct difference between the TWO and the SEVEN. Clean (7) and unclean (2).

>><The Bible was written by men who knew that not all of the other contributors could be trusted to have a correct understanding of God, so they cautioned us not to blindly accept what we read in the Bible as truthful. They told us to use our minds to decide for ourselves what made sense, and to disregard that which doesn't make sense. This is what they said:

"Test everything. Hold on to the good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21)<<<

You take the text above out of context:

1 Thess 5:19-21
    19 Do not put out the Spirit's fire; 20 do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21 Test everything. Hold on to the good. 22 Avoid every kind of evil.

The evil isn't in the inspired book, it's in the minds of men. The test everything comes after PROPHECIES:

Matt 7:15
    15 "Watch out for false prophets.

Test everything:

Matt 24:11-12
    11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

Test everything:

Matt 24:23-25
    24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect-if that were possible.

Test everything:

2 Peter 2:1
    2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people,

Test everything:

1 John 4:1-2
    because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

So, why do you think the admonition to test everything?

>>Pomegranate, if you believe that there's a god which will punish you--<<

Of which I do not:

1 John 4:18
    18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

>>perhaps even send you to the lake of fire for eternity--<<

"Not I" said the pomegranate:

Rom 9:22-24
    22 What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath-prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory-

You speak of the objects of God's wrath.

>>if you worship a falsely,<<

I worship in the truth the best way I know how, without the hypocrisy of other men. If I stumble myself, I have no one to blame but me. No more blind leading the blind for me. Yes I am blind, but i now go straight to the source of the giver of sight.

>>then perhaps you may wish to hold your interpretations up to the test of common sense, lest you worship false teachings and therefore a false god.<<

I have held them up to common sense. You have yet to counter them.

• JosephAlward
    JosephAlward

Pomegranate didn't respond to my question, "If God had wanted us to know that each of his days of creation was followed by the rule of Satan during the evening, don’t you think he would have his Bible writers make that clear?"

I'll rephrase the question: If it's true that evil is the greatest threat God's people will face, why didn't God instruct his Bible writer to make it clear that there was evil present in each of the six evenings following the six days of creation? What could be more important than that?
    Surely that's more important than, say, the description of the moon, or the plants, or the order of creation of man versus animals? Does it not stretch credulity to the breaking point to imagine that God's writer wanted us to know that evil and lies were ruled the evenings in the first six days, but yet he didn't say so? Why didn't the writer make that clear? Isn't it far more likely that the writer was merely reporting the traditional stories from two different traditions (cultures), one which believed that the earth came before the sun, and the other vice-versa?

Joseph F. Alward
    "Skeptical Views of Christianity and the Bible"
    http://members.aol.com/jalw/joseph_alward.html

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

>>>I'll rephrase the question: If it's true that evil is the greatest threat God's people will face, why didn't God instruct his Bible writer to make it clear that there was evil present in each of the six evenings following the six days of creation? What could be more important than that?<<

Beside that which you care not to see, the obvious spiritual light and darkness of Genesis, there are other obvious proofs that Satan (evil) was in existence through out the creative process. The first would be the word Good. Why would God need to say that "it was Good" following everything that was done? Could there be any doubt? Everything God does is Good, why say it? Because someone else was saying everything God does is bad. That is what Satan does and says. Everything TOTALLY opposite from God. If God says something is Good, Satan is right there saying it is bad. (See Job)

Satan is the epitome' of this text and why it was written:

Isa 5:20
    20 Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Another point. The first Law. Do not eat. Law is put in place when there is the existence of Bad. Adam and Eve were not bad, because God said they were good. Was bad in existence before the law of "do not eat?"

Rom 5:12-13
    12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned- 13 for before the law was given, sin was in the world.

That sin Paul is talking about is Satan. Before Do Not Eat (Law) was given, Satan was bent on rebellion and claiming to be God himself.

Also, God called a tree "good and evil." In order for God to even have and use a word called "evil" would mean that "evil" was in existence at the time of the admontion for Adam not to eat of this particular tree.

>>Surely that's more important than, say, the description of the moon, or the plants, or the order of creation of man versus animals?<<

Surely, each day has it's own symbolisms in the heavenly conflict.

>>Does it not stretch credulity to the breaking point to imagine that God's writer wanted us to know that evil and lies were ruled the evenings in the first six days, but yet he didn't say so?<<

Please show me in the initial stages of creation where God says he created the darkness. Besides that, show me where he calls the darkness Good. If God deems you worthy, he will open your eyes. If not, you will fight tooth and nail to the death so as to live by your man made wisdom.

>>Why didn't the writer make that clear?<<

It is clear. You are blind. If you want to see ask. If you are a mocker, continue to mock.

>>Isn't it far more likely that the writer was merely reporting the traditional stories from two different traditions (cultures), one which believed that the earth came before the sun, and the other vice-versa?<<

To a blind man, yes. To a son of light in God, no.

• JosephAlward
    JosephAlward

In previous posts I've responded to Pomegranate's argument that the writer of Genesis 1:1-13 wanted his readers to know that the "evenings" were in fact periods of "darkness and lies." I have nothing more to add to my argument, so I will turn my attention elsewhere (see other threads).

Joseph F. Alward
    "Skeptical Views of Christianity and the Bible"
    http://members.aol.com/jalw/joseph_alward.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit