Mulberry Street corrected

by dedpoet 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Remember the infamous Mulberry Street video, obviously posted by active jws?

Here's how it really went. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg-pK_twCbM

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Good one Trev! Now, that version is the truth!

• windchime
    windchime

I couldn't catch every words in it (for the sake of lack of my English skill)

At least I knew they learned that "Field Service is a waste of time!"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I noticed that the other day. I think it is a bit mean. There is no need to be mean like that.

Slim

• kid-A
    kid-A

I think it is a bit mean. There is no need to be mean like that.

Ahhhhhhh, did we upset wittle SBF with our apostate "meanness"? I think murdering innocent children over some perverted blood policy is "mean", SBF, do you?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    I think it is a bit mean. There is no need to be mean like that

Maybe it is mean, in the same way that shunning someone who you have known for years because he no longer shares your belief is mean, or not dealing with a child abuser in the comgregation because he's a baptised male and his victim is only a little girl. That's mean as well, don't you agree?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I loved it!

I was treated 'mean' the other day SBF. It was a Saturday too. I was ignored, shunned and treated as it dead by two people that I have known since they were in diapers [in fact may have changed a few of them].

They sit in a restuarant and acted as if they could not hear my greeting, and looked happy that they were the only ones in the room of 120 who would likely be alive when God got done with us - they smiled and ate and dreamed of Paradise - a Paradise in which they would watch birds pick my eyeballs out of the socket - and of course I deserve that don't I? Why? Because I was not with their little group selling magazines to the blind any longer. NOW THAT"S MEAN!

Jeff

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Jeff,

Yeah that's mean too; definitely more mean in fact. I just didn't like the spirit of the clip. It wasn't even funny or clever: just mean.

If Witnesses can be mean and I am sure they can (though they have been nice to me), I don't think the answer is to be mean back.

Slim

• new boy
    new boy

Great.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

SLB,

I'm the one who did this video. Is it mean? Well, not too bad really. It was meant to be the polar opposite of the origional. I thought that was so sugary sweet and utterly false that I wanted to blow it out of the water. Most, even the most sincere, witnesses are out doing time after a while. They know its about counting time and placements. None listen and its more for themselves and the other field workers that they do it. In fact, my experience from pioneering for 9 years was that most are hoping NO ONE WILL ANSWER THE DOOR so they can go home.

When we made ourselves pariahs to the world we expected such meanness, remember? In fact we were told it was proof of discipleship. The truth is, it's proof of fanatacism.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit