Noob Here . . go easy on me

by Locutus of Borg 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Hi folks

Been a lurker since the H2O days. Posted once or twice under another usename but I forgot it . . it was locutus something.

I have gained alot from the forum and the people here, more from some and less from others

Anyway, a bit about me, condensed version: I was raised in the lie since about 5 or so. I am 53 now. Spent about 35 years total in. Left when I divorced my first spouse in '83. Married a wonderful "worldly" lady I met in Boston. Moved to Central NY in 1990, started studying/attending again, WTF was I thinking . . I was having issues and it seemed like a familiar place . . Left for good back in '96 and haven't looked back.

Since then I have attained a BSEE (summa cum Laude) and am working on an MS Applied mathematics. Mrs Locutus is graduating in 3 weeks with a BS Professional and Technical Communications.

Contrary to what I was always taught, and thought for most of those years . . there is life outside the fortress and there are many wonderful, loving, careing and unselfish people outside those hateful, deceit filled walls. My wonderful spouse in one of them.

Looking forward to telling my story and contributing in a positive manner here!!

Peace, and love to all of you

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Look forward to your presence, Locutus of Borg.

Sounds like you found yourself a wonderful woman. Worldly and all! LOL! Keep on enjoying your success.

Nvr

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome from a guy who started at 5 and got out at 48.

Freedom is great.

Jeff

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi Locutus, and welcome to the forum

I was raised in the lie since about 5 or so.

A man after my own heart I see, I've referred to it as the lie for years.

Trev

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the Board

purps

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I have gained alot from the forum and the people here, more from some and less from others

I'm guessing I fall into the latter category there! But WELCOME on board! Good to have you here - god knows we need more academics to keep the brainy ones stimulated!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome to JWD, and congrats to you and the Mrs.

nj

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Your name alone gives you cred in my book. welcome

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome -looking forward

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

I love your name...

Welcome!

Share this