The exercise thread

by Satans little helper 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

So this is it, the exercise thread.

Share your tips and experiences and tell us what worked best for you, how you managed to lose the weight and whether or not you kept it off as time went on. How did you keep your motivation long term?

I used to cycle to work regularly (3 days a week) and do JuJitsu in the evenings, since I stopped I started eating and drinking more and stacked on about 25 lbs over a year or so. So now it's time to get in gear and do something about it so I am slim and fit again by Xmas, my goal is to get down to 185lbs by the end of september and under 180lbs by Xmas. Obviously my long term goal is to keep the weight off and live longer. I've also not had a cigarette for 3 months (yay me!) which has contributed to the weight gain, if this all works out I intend to live forever!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    I used to cycle to work regularly

not by the looks of your avatar

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

If you would stop eating sweets, you will lose the weight.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I go to the gym twice a week. I do 5 minutes jogging on the treadmill, 20 minutes on the killer incline on the bike, 20 minutes on the stair master, and then run for 10 minutes on the treadmill, followed by a 5 minute cool down jog/walk.

Then I go lift weights... upper or lower depending on what day it is, for abot 45 minutes.

I haven't lost any weight since I've been doing this (since New Years) but I've went from 330 lbs and 19% body fat to 335lbs and 12% body fat.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I do a couple hundred crunches everyday, and lift weights both morning and evening. I also take virgin coconut oil 3 times a day, before meals, and in 7.5 months I have gone from 230 to 160, have lost 10 inches off my waist, increased my chest by about 8 inches, and am working on a set of Joe Grogan (Fear Factor host) pipes.

I feel great.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

what do you do with the coconut oil?

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

what do you do with the coconut oil?

Take 2 tablespoons before each meal. It will do wonders for your blood pressure, cholesterol, and the inches just drop off.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I exercise 5-6 times a week, I have a bowflex which I love, I also do pushups just once a week but I do 1000 in an hour and a half

Pushups I start with my first set at 95, then 90, then 85 all the way back to 20, then pop out three sets of 30. I usually do three different ab exercises as filler between sets

Bowflex- One day I do shoulders and arms heavy, I also use 40, 35, 30lb dumbell weights with curls and military presses, Abs as filler exercise

Legs- A lot of squats, leg extensions, leg curls, Abs as filler exercise

Abs- One day devoted to just abs, 5 different exercises with over 650 reps

Cardio-Winter stationary bike/ Nice weather- ride a rail trail usually do 23 miles in 1 hour 25 minutes, not road riding, try to do either 2 or 3 days, I will mix it up and run once every other week.

Rest 1-2 days a week and then take off about every 5th or 6th week. Fast 4 times a year and watch my diet pretty strict for at least 6 days a week. I allow myself one day a week for what I want.

abr

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

If I just ate coconut or drank the milk would it have the same effect?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

My key to losing weight is all in the diet really. I did the 6 week body makeover which I can say if you stick to that diet you'll lose alot of weight without having to do the heavy amounts of cardio that you normally would have to in order to lose the weight. I was about 220 and I'm down to 170 now. For my exercise plan I do about a half hour of walking on the tredmill. I try to do a total body work out, if I had the time I'd do it on one day, but since I'm usually in a rush I just do half one day and half the next. I do 2 workouts for each body part, I do Theighs, Upperback, Shoulders, upper and lower abs on the first day of my routine. Then I do Chest, Calves, Triceps, Biceps, upper abs and lower back on Day 2 of my routine. I usually use machines because I never have anyone there to spot me, but I try to do at least one free weight routine everytime I'm there. I moreso go for tone than anything, so I do high reps and low weights. I try to do 4 sets of 15 on everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit