Altering reality where do you stand......

by fifi40 35 Replies latest jw friends

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

In my 20's when I was fresh out of the dubs and rethinking my stance on all things i experimented a bit with various substances. Alot of it can be attributed to escapism, particularly alcohol. Due to my experiences with alcohol and pot and my propensity to enjoy them both heavily, I made the decision not to get involved with substances such as meth, coke or heroin. This has served me well, and during that time with my exposure to drug culture I watched many people's lives spiral into a deep abyss of addiction. My personal experiences have been much less dramatic and I regret none of them. In particular LSD was an experience that I will never forget but that's a whole new topic unto itself.

Now I drink socially but rarely to the point of intoxication. Due to location I am surrounded by some of the finest beers in the world and truly enjoy them for their flavor and character. I still enjoy the occasional bit of pot but have come to value mental clarity more.

None of these mend altering substances have matched the numbness and detachment I felt growing up in the org.

• unique1
    unique1

Am I the only lush on the board. I love to drink. Honestly. I love the taste and the relaxation I get from it. I am a naturally high strung person. We go out socially on Fridays and Saturdays and I just cannot relax like everyone else unless I drink. I realize everyone is not that way, but I am. I have tried relaxing and enjoying myself without it, and the only way I have been sucessful is when I was on Darvocet for an accident. Now I don't have to have it. I am DD every other Friday but I am usually pissy and will snap at you if you pick on me. I need a downer to relax.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Am I the only lush on the board. I love to drink. Honestly. I love the taste and the relaxation I get from it.

U,

I love to drink also. My problem is, I really have to watch it. My grandfather died in an asylum because of alcohol. My father is an alcoholic.

Warlock

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Similar Warlock, tho one generation removed from the alcoholics.

• Warlock
    Warlock

big,

I was worried about my daughter having the same problem, but it turns out she is more like MY mom, who rarely drinks. I think I dodged a bullet there.

Warlock

• fifi40
    fifi40

Unique 1 - I like a drink as well, that was not the point of this thread but do you have a cut off point when you know you have had enough?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit