Name One JW who

by Honesty 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I remember a family that made friends with my family and shared family events with us - dinners, Sunday drives, beach picnics, etc., which was wonderful to us children considering the horrible family life we had. And I remember a nice woman who liked to give surprise gifts to people, she was fun because you never knew what she might do to surprise you. But mostly, no, they aren't a present-giving bunch.

• jeanV
    jeanV

I know a lot who do it.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Funny you asked for one JW, we are all ex's

abr

That is exactly the point.

The JW's who did are now ex-JW's.

The JW's who do will probably become ex-JW's.

• White Dove
    White Dove

A Witness elder's home burned to the ground and I used all of my food stamps and $200 of SS and went on a necessities shopping trip for him and his wife who was in the hospital near death. I had two kids to raise. I did it not because of his station in the cong. but because I truly loved them and felt for them. I saw a need and filled it. My grandparents helped me out of the hole I dug because of this act. As you know, I am no longer associated with the JW's. I think the nice ones end up leaving. When I became homeless with a baby, the local cong. told me where the local shelter was and that was what it was for, so I should use it. I had no car and had to walk 5 miles to it. My husband abandoned us. Where is the love they preach about? Was there no one to take in a sister with a baby? I would have paid a part of the rent. I took in 4 sisters at separate times who faced homelessness. It was a good arrangement and I was glad that I could do it. Yeah, this is a sore spot in my history. Sorry for the angry air.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit