What is FAITH?

by R.Crusoe 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    We are talking about faith, it takes faith to believe in yourself that you can perform the job under dangerous circumstances.

Exactly the point I was making it's not about whether you can see where you're walking, it's taking the risk of walking there with no guaranteed outcome - probabilities and possibilities, yes, but never 100% certain.

• golf2
    golf2

sad emo, all ironworkers don't have the same function. The steel erectors or "connectors" are the ones who assemble the steel together followed by men you plank the floor another crew who who aligned the structure followed by men who bolt the assembled pieces together and finally the detail gang. These men are far safer than the "connectors". For myself that I don't entertain the danger of doing this type of work, if I did (like some have) they would not be in the business. Today's ironworkers have to abide by more safety rules and policies than the ironworkers of old. Osha has changed many rules about erecting buildings, many.
    My purpose of bringing up this subject is, even though you CAN see the beam directly in front of you, do you the have faith to walk this beam which is many stories above street level? People ski-dive, people jump off bridges into canyons with only their ankles tied off. These people can SEE.

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit