Memorial 'Holiday"?

by onlycurious 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BR25
    BR25

didnt mean to be disprectful. It is just peoples comments on here are outrageous.

• BR25
    BR25

What about the easter celebration is so damn great? Because it is not boring and fun that is what jesus would want?

• greendawn
    greendawn

They supposedly follow on the command by Jesus: do this in my memory. But of course the JW memorial is a soulless event because the JWs do not really believe in Christianity they just pay lip service to it. For them Jehovah is the central figure and the concept of the Church seems to altogether elude them.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    What about the easter celebration is so damn great? BR25

Two words.. ok? read my lips:

Chocolate Eggs

INQ

• Perry
    Perry

The thing that makes the Memorial so very special is that Jesus is not just dissed and ignored as he usually is. Here he is directly rejected and mocked by millions of people even as they imagine their own righteousness. I imagine Satan laughs at the stupidity of it all and taunts God by asking why he would even want a species that is so stupid.

• BR25
    BR25

There is nothing bad about the memorial. It is not limited and should be be celbrated by all christian faiths in other ways than easter celebrations. To the other comment about the memorial is good because it is the only time jesus is not ignored. So how should we acknowledge him more? pass out candy? paint eggs, go 3000 dollars in debt over christmas and then argue about the stress of it with your wife for the next 3 months, wear a cross, dress up as a little devil and go out trick or treating. Maybe I should try these things and he wont be as ignored.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

BR25,

To be fair, it has to be said that JWs should have the right to commemorate the Last Supper as they see fit. If the majority should choose not to partake of the meal according to their understanding of the Bible, it is their right to do so. But you can hardly expect those beliefs/practices to go unnoticed and unchallenged by a forum of disillusioned ex-JWs, underground reformers and nominal members. The singularity of their beliefs which they claim is Christian Truth also makes Mainstream Christians question the validity of their Communion practices.

Of course, some mainstream Christians have tact. Others are just filled with their God-inspired venomhypocrisy self righteousness when they challenge the Witness practices. I guess we have all been wounded in varying degrees by Jehovah's Witnesses.

INQ

• Marcel
    Marcel

BR25,

i know what you mean. many comments on this forum doesnt seem to be intelligent. some of them are just hateful fun about a religion. such comments are a kind of rubbish with no real sense - true. we all know that. additionally some of the comments seem to suggest things that are most-likely not better than the corresponding jw doctrine.

but consider this:
    the user of this forum are in a great number disappointed of the jehovahs witnesses. they were hurt, they dislike the cult to a certain degree. so it comes they dont post *always* serious debates but also jokes, fun and stuff that isnt completely deepthought. we can add the fact that there is no organisation called "ex-jws" with a belief system. anyone who left the jw became someone else. let it be an atheist, another type of christian or whatever. some are so disappointed of everything that they just dont believe in anything at all and just live their lifes.

you need to ask for reasoning on a certain subject. what *may* be the truth about a certain bible passage or stuff. dont expect a biblical or non-biblical perfect reasoning on any subject automatically. its not a religion here. its just a forum =)

marc

• BR25
    BR25

Well even though not too many people agree with me, at least now I know by the last few posts there is actually people on here I can discuss things with, with the level of intelligence I was looking for, so thanks for your comments.

Only being on here a few days the biggest thing so far that I strongly disagree with is all the people complaining about all the time they spent with the originazation and all the things they couldnt do. The reason I have a beef with this is because alot of the things mentioned no matter what christian orginization you come from you shouldnt be doing these things anyways, but I guess that is what seperates man decisions and the bible. I spent about 18 years in the congregation. I have been to other churches with friends just to be dumb, and alot things didnt make sense to me, but when people start listening to the preacher its like there in the zone. From what I experienced I can say the 3 other churches I went to I never heard a whole lot of scriptures just opinions. I can see why people may think the jws are boring, because when I visited other churches it was more like visiting a spa then a place of worship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit