Are you comfortable knowing, that what you write here will stay forever

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Let it be this board or any other board, are you comfortable with the fact that whatever you post on the internet will be viewable for a LONG time.

Maybe when you'll be very old, you'll find posts that you made a very long time ago.

• JH
    JH

With time, we change, and maybe some things you posted here or elsewhere will make you blush..... because you might think differently.

• Omegaman
    Omegaman

too late, I already have started posting ....what to do

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Are you comfortable knowing, that what you write here will stay forever?

I suppose...but...

There are many posts that I wish I could take back. I regret the times I have caused hurt to others. There have been a few times that I have wanted to "win" an argument so badly that I kept posting to a thread long after I should have stopped. I wish I hadn't done those things.

Sigh....

LDB

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

My understanding is that you can request to have all your post's and topics be removed if that's what you want. Otherwise, I am very comfortable with what I write. If and when I have a change of heart and mind, then I will express this also. JH, if you and I and everyone else on this forum can help one other person then what we write is all worth it. Don't you agree? There is so much to glean from the archives of this forum.

Blueblades

• restrangled
    restrangled

No, I cringe at some of the things I have posted and wish I could erase those posts permanently.

Hey moderators....can we get stuff erased based on desperation at the time of posting?

r.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Your avatar is very appropriate to this thread, Blueblades. Keep what still works. Toss what doesn't. Beware of garbage collectors, who might just remind you of what you've tossed, even months or years ago, like they do sifting the remnants of handwriting long discarded.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I'm comfortable with most of the stuff I've written here, but I have been an asshole on JWD at times and I regret that. It's sort of strange that, though I'm a writer, I find more stuff I've written under a Seeker4 Google search than if I do a seach under my real name!

In the old H2O I wrote a LOT of revealing stuff that was happening when my wife and I divorced. That was really a huge gamble and exposure, and if I decided to run for President or something similar, that shit would either destroy my chances or reveal me as the most honest man on earth.

I take a bit of solace in the fact that there are so many posts and threads on this site that a lot of stuff is pretty quickly swallowed up and out of sight. Right now there are posts on here that could cost me my job. I'm just quite confident that no one who cares about that will ever find them.

God, I hope I'm right!!!

S4

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I love it. Regardless of who I am tomorrow, this is who I am today. I wish I had more insight into where I was at mentally and emotionally at other points in my life.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I reserve the right to change my opinion, and it certainly has evolved since I first started posting here. I find it a useful archive of my own development, so I'm content enough with the idea

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit