Had The Big Chat with my wife...

by besty 25 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

thanks for all the kind words - it is most helpful to hear what you all think and feel. we have been spending some time on www.jwfacts.com - we really like the style of writing - not hateful just informative... its really opened our eyes to a lot of issues - loved the 1970KM that stated a reinstated brother has to wait at least 10 years before being allowed to give a Public Talk - contrast that with the instant reinstatement of the prodigal son - I mean where do they get off.... anyway more to follow soon.. cheers!!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

That is just wonderful news!!! I am so glad for your family. Let's hope that this is the beginning of the end of the borg's influence on your life. Good Luck!!!!

Leslie

• bebu
    bebu

Great news!!

I also highly recommend www.reexamine.org/quotes, because it is simply organized excerpts from the WT. Your wife will be able to confirm to herself easily that she has left a cultish and controlling group, that doesn't know which end is up.

bebu

• jgnat
    jgnat

OOOOOOH, I love good-news stories! Thanks for sharing, besty and 4M's! Maybe the good news for the exiting husbands is that the woman can be thinking, thinking all along.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Great News!

I agree with Little Toe. Don't go for an overload. The biggest part is past you, now it's time to move into recovery. That slow process of replacing all of the fears and misery the WTS puts in you. Good Luck!

-Drew

• besty
    besty

we really appreciate the forum of new friends and the feedack we get to our posts - it's making a difficult transition a bit more bearable

so where are we up to?

we have now told all our close family that we are no longer going to the meetings. Sweet Pea's Mum and Dad (both JW) are understanding and accepting - they have long held misgivings but see the good side so are still in...wait and see there though - I wouldn't be surprised if one or both aren't out within the year...#

My Mum and Brother Elder PO are shocked, horrified, disappointed, angry, hurt and depressed in equal measure. The conversation I had with them was pretty difficult for both parties - done over the phone as we live 400 miles apart. Mum was in tears and Brother got a bit aggressive - it was like speaking to a different person although he may have felt the same I guess. He suggested my marriage would soon be on the rocks as Jehovah was the third cord now removed (?) and my drink problem was merely a symptom of spiritual disease. Worldy association was a factor and I had finally dragged Sweet Pea down to my level. Nice.

Water of a ducks back to me though - I'm moving onwards and upwards..although I do want to keep them onboard as our two little kiddies need to have a non-poisonous relationship with all the family - time will tell if thats posible...

With regard to friends, I called my long time best mate and he was disappointed sorry to hear that etc but I can have a more deep and meaningful with him soon - my basic problem is that I don't really want to rescue anybody from the Borg - as another poster said - they are old enough to know better. Sweet Pea on the other hand has a requirement for honesty and closure. So she has been telling a few friends and some of the reasons why....oops - I'll let her post about her conversation today with her best friend...not good.

so - overall I'm optimistic and looking forward to the time ahead - tinged with a little trepidation about potentially losing friends and family - but f*ck em. if it was conditional all along then so be it....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit