Question for my friends on the other side of the pond

by loosie 18 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev
    It also means tosser

ok, whats the uk definition of a tosser?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It's not a word I'd use to describe someone, not if they could hear me anyway. I'm surprised to hear it's in a childrens movie.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

I have it on the highest authority, [ie my uncle Solli] that poiticians everywhere in the world are, collectively, mass debaters.

Cheers

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Interestingly, we recently had an anti littering campaign run by our government.

The slogan used in the campaign was "Don't be a tosser."

I was quite shocked when i first heard/saw it. Not because I'm easily offended, but because i could imagine kids everywhere asking, "Mummy, what's a tosser?"

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

"ok, whats the uk definition of a tosser?" -zev

Ok, I'm American so I may not have this absolutely right...but basically "tossing" and "wanking" are the same...it's a reference to masturbating. Considering that in US slang the term "salad tosser" or "toss your salad" is a reference to anul-oral sex, I think some may also use it in a homophobic sense, as well.

AATW, of the 'learned lots of weird sh** as a chatroom admin' class.

• dawg
    dawg

THis was the most intelligent conversation you guyscould come up with today? Too many magical brownies last night?

• loosie
    loosie

Well I heard in the movie Happy feet. The one about the animated peguins. The movie is pretty good but there is a deleted scene with Steve Irwin playing the part of a seagull where he calls the peguin a wanker because the peguin is trying to do something impossible.

That why I thought maybe it had a different meaning like a goofball or something

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Too many magical brownies last night?

Toss me a few, would ya.

• ninja
    ninja

come to Glasgow and call someone wanker when the pubs come out and you will find out for yourself.....call it a steep learning curve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit