Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-8-07 WT Study (Obedient Children)

by blondie 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Blondie I will take your WatchWrapup any ole day to the actual WatchCrap I endured for so long! You always hit upon the heart of the matter so concisely. Thanks for all the time you expend on this each week...it is much appreciated.

Free

• lrkr
    lrkr

This article, and those like it (repeated every 12-16 months) are a core part of the programming process for children. Obedience, fear, be like Jesus, fear (could die), obedience. Amazing how you cant see it even when listening to it year after year.

• Gill
    Gill

Welcome lrkr!

It is the constant repetition of these fearsome possible outcomes if any one 'disobeys' 'Momma' be it your parents or the bOrg are the tactics of WT mind control! Very clever and very subtle....that's why the dubs don't notice!

• blondie
    blondie

I just got the May 1, 2007, WT

June 17 Do Not Put Apart What God Has Yoked Together

June 24 Youths--Pursue Goals that Honor God

So the WTS is not letting up on men, women, and children in the Borg.

Blondie

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Funny, my Mom wanted to take my daughter to the meeting today because the article was for children! I wonder if since children should obey their parents, and I tell mine not to follow the WT, then they have to obey that as well...right?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

When this trio of articles started, I was angry; after reading the third, now I am just sad and discouraged at the lack of soul searching on the part of the rank and file.
    The article on headship was funny; if you thought it was silly reading it, you should have heard the comments. The best was by the conductor, who said that while he does not understand dishes and cooking, he can fix the car just fine, concluding that men and women were made for different tasks.
    The kicker: at a dinner after the meeting, when the women's plans were brought up, and the lack of checking with the husbands was discussed, I said that the WT was the theory and this was the reality. Awkward laughter followed. But isn't that the way it is? No one really believes that Jehovah made a woman to be subservient, or that a man is more qualified to lead. Maybe the elders do, eh?
    The article on children is more insidious. Yes, obedience to parents is equated to obedience to God. Is that a little confusing for children, when they see their parents failings and inconsistencies? Is it surprising that witness children have cognitive dissonance about God?

GREAT job blondie; you must be able to control your gag reflex. This set of articles was very odious indeed.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Beatings were a normal part of growing up. I remember my mom saying that "you're never too old for spanking" when I was in my mid-teens. She also mentioned how she had to "beat the evil out of me" as a child; she would say that jokingly.

Yeah...articles like this aren't very fun...

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

There isn't a single text in the Greek scriptures that hints at Jesus ever being a carpenter. The Jewish leaders of his time called him 'rabbi'. You don't get this title by building chairs all day long. Jesus was a Jew who probably spent more time at the temple than anywhere else. The Greek scriptures give plenty of evidence about this.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I look forward to seeing what comments you will not hear at the study about Youths Setting Goals. In the meantime, I feel that these articles are put out regularly to entice parents to take away all the fun from children. Now, they are cracking down on minor misbehavior. When those articles are put out, they are going to push children to give up worthy worldly pursuits like college, producing and creating value, and making enough money to set aside a decent retirement.

Instead, they are going to push pioneer ministry and Bethel (probably less so now that Bethel is cutting back, so they will now have to actually pioneer). And this past article will be fresh, so if they don't go along with it, there will be more beatings (not just spankings, which I define as a hit with an open hand that is intended to sting; full blown beatings). And gone will be the real music, videos, computer forums and Internet, entertainment of all kinds, messaging devices (except those cell phones to be used to check on calls before going to them), and all worldly association.

If they are pushing this now, I wonder what they are going to push when 2008 and the Kool-Aid edition of the Craptower comes out. I hope that these "studies" can continue once these secret editions come out. I only wish I could put a single spyware on the Watchtower computer that would copy every Kool-Aid magazine and Kingdumb Misery as it's being printed, and then forward it to Blondie so we will have these articles for all the meeting parts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit