Hey There ! All You Disfellowshipped Ones!

by Englishman 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

I am not disfellowshipped! I am JW still! But I am very subcious of WTS after the report about UN! That is why I will observe further the WTS in this time very exactly! If a next step are clearly and I will stay out!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Had Enough,

I too can relate to the normally sunny disposition, thats how I feel most of the time, but I do hate to see people being bullied, whether by abusive husbands, fathers or elders. Against these sort of people I tend to go in very heavily. I think that I am a good friend in a crisis.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• zev
    zev

englishman quieried:

Is your anger with the JW religion due mainly to the fact that you have been DF'd?

no...not yet.

Is it possible that persons who post here who are not disfellowshipped can feel as angry as those who are being shunned and who are therefore being effectively gagged?

absolutely mate!

Is the DF'ing policy of the WTBTS the main reason that ex-JW's seem to go all out to get other witnesses out of the org?

i cannot as of yet speak for myself on that.

Would you try to get someone to leave if you had the opportunity?

yes

If you had been allowed to quietly cease associating without penalty, how would you then feel then about the JW faith?

i'd feel like i could make my own decisions about what i believe and act freely based on that.

Just wondering exactly what it is that makes so many of us so mad at the WTBTS.

my anger comes from the fact that i have found in my research that the wtbts has been deliberately misleading by not reporting to all its followers the complete truth of what it has been doing and my resaerch of such issues as mexico, pedophiles, and now, the scandelous u.n. issue.

thanks for the ???'s

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Yes Englishman, I believe you would be a friend in a crisis.

You and I and so many, many others here share a passion for wanting to see justice done to the multitudes of ones suffering emotionally and physically at the hands of those who abuse their power.

That's what impresses me so much with this board the majority of the time. So many come here not so much to heal any longer, but to help others going through tough times and others who even through their own hurt, will jump in to help someone in pain.

I have met some wonderful people here who are so intune with others' pain, they take the time to try and say something concrete to help... something other than, "read the Bible more, go to meetings more, go out in service more, pray more" or even just to say "I understand" goes such a long way.

btw...
    Welcome to garybuss...very astute observations of the WTS and its effect on people.

Welcome also to tyydyy...I'm sorry your family too is affected by the WTS misapplication of scriptures. We always prided ourselves on supposedly not taking scriptures out of context but blindly allow the WTS to continually do that very thing. I hope you and we all can find a way to reach our families.

To Kophagangelos...welcome to our discussion board. I am positive you will find the answers you are seeking right here on this board. There are many sincere people here who work hard looking for facts to prove the errors of the Watchtower Society.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

What makes me mad at the WT is not the way they treated me (which was bad) Just about anyone who knows me will tell you how unusually pragmatic I am about that.

I am angry about all the children who have died from lack of medical treatment; in particluar refusal of blood. The Society admits/brags about 26 in particular and hundreds in general. BRAGS!!!

I am angry because of women who are told to keep them selves and their children in absuive relationships. Some of them did not survive.

I am angry that young men are imprisoned for refusal to serve alternative military service. Some do not survive.

I am angry that good trusting people were told not to pay a 25 cent tax in Malawi. Some did not survive.

Ex-jw's are uniquely qualified to promote positive change in the Watchtower. Others (individuals/agencies/governments) have tried for 100 years to no avail; the body count only continued to rise. But ex-jw's have turned the tide and made a diference..and saved countless lives and continue to do so. They have been joined by Jehovah's Witnesses themselves and now the ranks have swelled with non-JW's who have joined the fight.

The lambs are roaring, and marching....and winning.

Because somebody got angry.

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• Double Dee
    Double Dee

I have enjoyed all the posts on this subject and have felt so many of the same things. But as far as being angry........I am VERY angry. I do not walk around looking angry, acting angry, or taking it out on others. But inside, I am angry for many different reasons.

1. Angry that I spent my life from 8 yrs old to 38 yrs old (I am now 39) caught up with beliefs that were a fairy tale. I was deceived!
    2. Angry that I spent years and years preaching that fairy tale to many others--who now believe that fairy tale.
    3. Angry that I was raised to be "submissive" and basically set up (albeit unintentionally) by my parents to marry the abusive JW I married. (Just for the record....life really was horrible then!)
    4. Angry that I begged for help......and didn't get it.
    5. Angry that all my "friends" disappeared when all my distresses happened (isn't there a scripture that says it supposed to be the exact opposite???).
    6. Angry that my parents will not even allow me into their house, or speak to me. I am their child for God's sake, no matter how old I am. I hate the conditional love.
    7. Angry that my family is so trapped.

On the other hand......I AM SO HAPPY! I have a sense of freedom and happiness I never thought was possible! I have never been more at peace (weird, huh, considering I have such anger????) with my life. I am so glad to have my eyes opened! And I am glad that I can come here and see that I am not the only one that was affected by the WTBS and their controlling ways.

Even though I don't know you all yet, I am happy, very happy to have you let me into your thoughts on this site. THANK YOU SIMON!

Dee

• Double Dee
    Double Dee

I have enjoyed all the posts on this subject and have felt so many of the same things. But as far as being angry........I am VERY angry. I do not walk around looking angry, acting angry, or taking it out on others. But inside, I am angry for many different reasons.

1. Angry that I spent my life from 8 yrs old to 38 yrs old (I am now 39) caught up with beliefs that were a fairy tale. I was deceived!
    2. Angry that I spent years and years preaching that fairy tale to many others--who now believe that fairy tale.
    3. Angry that I was raised to be "submissive" and basically set up (albeit unintentionally) by my parents to marry the abusive JW I married. (Just for the record....life really was horrible then!)
    4. Angry that I begged for help......and didn't get it.
    5. Angry that all my "friends" disappeared when all my distresses happened (isn't there a scripture that says it supposed to be the exact opposite???).
    6. Angry that my parents will not even allow me into their house, or speak to me. I am their child for God's sake, no matter how old I am. I hate the conditional love.
    7. Angry that my family is so trapped.

On the other hand......I AM SO HAPPY! I have a sense of freedom and happiness I never thought was possible! I have never been more at peace (weird, huh, considering I have such anger????) with my life. I am so glad to have my eyes opened! And I am glad that I can come here and see that I am not the only one that was affected by the WTBS and their controlling ways.

Even though I don't know you all yet, I am happy, very happy to have you let me into your thoughts on this site. THANK YOU SIMON!

Dee

• Double Dee
    Double Dee

OOPS! I did it again.....I gotta stop hitting the back button.....!
    Sorry about posting that twice!

Dee

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

You go dung!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Double dee, just hit the edit button and erase the second post.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit