Wholly Molly...Bill O'reilly Loses His Mind... Crazy Sh**

by What-A-Coincidence 47 Replies latest social current

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

It's called being passionate for, or about an issue. How many of us here, feel about getting screwed by watchtower.

Dismembered

• Terry
    Terry

O'Reilly had a father who was a screaming bully. He internalized this lose-your-temper-and-scream style from him, no doubt. I use to have a hair-trigger temper I learned from the only man in my household, my grandfather. It took me years and years to get rid of it.

O'Reilly is passionate, obstinate and over-bearing. However, I generally (not always by any means) find him to be the ONLY person on TV who is close enough to reality on child welfare issues who can make a difference. O'Reilly border on vigalante at times. When he is pointed at the right target he is extremely effective. But, he is his own worst enemy.

People who label O'Reilly a Conservative are nuts. He is not ONE thing. He is Liberal on some issues.

I can't excuse his screaming fit, but, if he is going to go ballistic at somebody; Geraldo is not the most sympathetic object of his anger!

Geraldo is REFRAMING the question. O'Reilly reacted to his doing that.

Drunk driving is horrible. But, the courts seemed to have given the illegal alien a pass on more than one occasion just BECAUSE he was an illegal. This allowed him yet one more opportunity to flaut the law and he killed a young girl as a result. O'Reilly is saying that IF THE COURTS had done their job the girl would still be alive. Geraldo is saying that we should not consider the legal status of the driver. I think O'Reilly comes alot closer to PROTECTING people than Geraldo. Don't you think?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Like most arguments...two guys who are wrong for the right reasons...

Someones got to pick the peppers and none should drive drunk...'nuff said.

~Hill

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Geraldo is REFRAMING the question. O'Reilly reacted to his doing that.

The way the question was put to Geraldo wasn't fair in that it was an attempt to force a single response to a question that lumped together two entirely diffently issues - the behavior of the man charged with the DUI and the government's handling of the case.

Do you think that such tactics make for good, reasoned discourse?

• Terry
    Terry

Do you think that such tactics make for good, reasoned discourse?

The only good to come out of this particular screaming match is the focus of attention on the illegal status of people who are repeatedly allowed to flout the law because of a sympathetic judge or two who refuse to enforce the laws that are already on the books.

Other than that, it was ugly.

• Xena
    Xena
    Drunk driving is horrible. But, the courts seemed to have given the illegal alien a pass on more than one occasion just BECAUSE he was an illegal. This allowed him yet one more opportunity to flaut the law and he killed a young girl as a result. O'Reilly is saying that IF THE COURTS had done their job the girl would still be alive. Geraldo is saying that we should not consider the legal status of the driver. I think O'Reilly comes alot closer to PROTECTING people than Geraldo. Don't you think?
    The only good to come out of this particular screaming match is the focus of attention on the illegal status of people who are repeatedly allowed to flout the law because of a sympathetic judge or two who refuse to enforce the laws that are already on the books.
    Other than that, it was ugly.

Pretty much how I viewed it as well.

• Confession
    Confession

Like to watch "The Factor." Often like Bill. A couple of things I don't like?

1) When he tells a guest he will give him/her "the last word." I don't believe he has ever done this. Maybe stop saying that, Bill?

2) I differ with him (a bit) in his belief that we must, above all else, maintain America's 1950s traditional culture.

Both of them lost their temper outrageously. I'm generally a Libertarian, and therefore think Bill O'Reilly and/or any television network can broadcast pretty much whatever type of program they want. Myself? I'm of a fairly calm temperament--especially when in a debate. I don't think there's anything wrong with an interview getting heated, but I'd suggest that this particular one went a bit over the top! I think I understand Geraldo's position on this, but can't agree with it. Here's what I believe to be an important distinction:

• Yes, when we're focusing on the subject of drunk driving, it certainly doesn't make sense to assign greater blame to one nationality of drunk drivers over the others. BUT...when we're focusing on the subject of illegal aliens, it does highlight just one more reason why the U.S. has got to find a solution to this problem.

The U.S. will continue to fight drunk driving as it always has--through legislation, local police, community action groups. It's already enough of a crisis, enough of a fiscal burden, and enough of a sad tragedy for those who lose loved ones. Taking on the additional burden of such from, not just illegal aliens--but illegal alien criminals whom our legal system is supposed to send back to their countries of origin--is not something we should have to worry about.

• heathen
    heathen

I think the problem is that they are illegal since the justice system can't seem to do anything to them they think it's a big joke to do whatever they want and not be accountable for it .They don't think we have laws around here . All their documentation is usually false so to have a driver license would mean it was a fake one as well . I think shows where the host or other guests on the panel can't wait for somebody to finish their replies should be moderated by turning off microphones . I can't stand listening to people try to out yell each other.

• seawolf
    seawolf

Here's more of O'Reilly's getting all excited when he doesn't hear what he wants to hear:

And last, but not least, can't forget about his book he wrote in 1998. Short history:

O'Reilly left CBS back in the 1980's over a work dispute regarding a story in Argentina when he was a reporter there. He later wrote a fiction book, Those Who Trespass, where the character, based on a television reporter covering the story in Argentina, exact situation, violently murders the people that crossed him at CBS. His character, the "no-nonsense television journalist named Shannon Michaels, described as the product of two Celtic parents" also engages in sex with underage girls.

• Confession
    Confession

Thanks for posting those two, Seawolf. They weren't nearly as whacked out as the Geraldo one. He got mad--but didn't let his Irish lift him out of the chair like that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit