hello to all.... i'm new

by The Humper 26 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the board.

How did your dad manage to get baptised twice?

purps

• jgnat
    jgnat

You not only got yourself out, but your sister, too! Good for you!

Combat Medic so i truly save lives, unlike JWs think they do.

Very neat. My sister is a doctor, and my JW husband often comments that they won't need any in the new order. I think ignorant comments like that are a slap in the face to the dedicated people who live by the hippocratic oath.

Maaan, your mom is nuts. She's not the only JW I know who takes atrocious risks with her financial future. "Why worry? Armageddon is right around the corner" As the corners keep coming, she ends up walking in circles. With nothing to show for it. I fear for her senior years.

• bernadette
    bernadette

Hi Humper

welcome - nice to meet you

bernadette

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome Humper!!!

Look forward to hearing more about you.

Open Mind

• The Humper
    The Humper

my dad got dunked twice mostly because of my mom.

he was raised as a jw, much like i was. my mom wasnt and when my parents started to date she was introduced to the org. she studied and was then baptized when she was 7 months prego with me in her belly. my dad was later baptized. but then years later after the alcoholism and drug use he was DF'd. my dad wanting to get a new start moved out las vegas. my mom stayed regular and my dad just tried to support us kids as there was 2 now. im the oldest. my dad started studying again to get back together with my mom because they seperated. but didnt tell the brothers he was DF'd. so he got dunked for the second time. but the brothers found out and it went to the gov body and they let it go cuz he showed sincerity in wanting to be back in or some crap. but then he started back up in the drugs, alcohol, and abuse of all of us, 4 kids and my mom. so he got DF'd again. then after a few years of being seperated my mom went to the brothers to see about a divorce and they ok'd it because it was viewed as a legal seperation and not a divorce or some stupid crap they said. i dunno but it was then that i started questioning everything. i was about 14 when that happened. but i later got baptized just please my mom and because all my friends were too. lame huh?

well by the time i was 18 i was done with the org, i didnt belive in it or anything so i stoped going. afterall i was living on my own and no one could force me to go. then when i was 22 i told the elders that i want out and ofcourse they tried to stop me. my mom being away on her road trip to bethel didnt know anything. the elders wanted to wait untill my mom came home so she could discuss my decision with me they said they wanted me to make the right decision. by the time my mom came home though it was too late. i had already enlisted into the army and would be shipping out 3 weeks after she got back. i ofcourse didnt tell them that. they had thier little meeting with and wanted to know why. i said i was tired if being held down by the org and not living my life for me but for my mom and the cong. all of which have not helped me in my life or my family in getting ahead. i told one of the elders that it must be nice for you to own your own home have 5 cars and all these "worldly posessions" i was tired of the hypocrisy everywhere. then they wanted to know what i planned for my future and thats when i droped the dime. i told them im in the army. my mom about had a heart attack. "your going to learn war!" she yelled. i told them it my life so f***ing deal with it. man did she get mad then. they said id be DF'd i said "nah im DA'ing myself. now if your done im going to go get laid." my mom almost passed out with disbelief. and i havent looked back ever since. no regrets or anything.

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

Hi Humper, Except for a couple of small details, your situation sound just like a family I knew in MN where I used to pioneer. If it is you, feel free to PM me and we can chat more about our shared history. I'm sorry for all that you went through. I'm proud of you for making a very difficult decision and taking posession of your life and living authentically.

All the best,

Rebirth

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I missed this welcome thread (although we have exchanged on the tat thread) but let me welcome you now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit