Who killed more people "God or Satan"

by Nicolas 18 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

What-A-Coincidence:

But satan is reponsible for the billions of deaths resulting in dis-o-bee-de-ance.

No, that's God again. Satan is quite happy to let them live, it's God who intends to destroy them for exercising their free will.

The Lone Ranger:

thats a question that is too stupid to even consider, I think a problem that many have here is that they are so full of hate at the WTS that they take is out on God.

Why is it "too stupid to consider"? The answer is surprising to a lot of people who have been taught all sorts of nonsense like "God is love". According to the Bible, that God killed over two million people, while Satan killed a mere ten (and that was with God's explicit permission). Nothing to do with the WTS, it's about the monstrous god of the bible.

Oh, what the hell. Here's Richard Dawkins on God (again):

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    God in the OT is a genocidal ethic cleansing maniac with a sickening fetish for blood and guts

But lucky for us apparently God, the one thing that is a constant in the world, COMPLETELY changed in a matter of a couple of hundred years. Well at least until Revelation

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

What if it was Satan who is the good and not God?

This isnt the first time. I've seen that question.

Perhaps they are one and the same..........

Nor the first time I have pondered that point. Everything seems to be made to die, animals,bugs, humans, trees. So who made us??? When you find the answer to that question. Youll really have something.
    But satan is reponsible for the billions of deaths resulting in dis-o-bee-de-ance.

No, that's God again. Satan is quite happy to let them live, it's God who intends to destroy them for exercising their free will.

That's the way I see it.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I like Blondies answer.

Satan has done what Satan will do.

but am I wrong?

God allows it to happen?

if you are a believer.

purps

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Man wrote the book! Man made up all those stories! Hand me down stories, hearsay, mistakes, alterations, misquotes etc. Poor God, Poor Satan, man writes all these stories and blames them. Man killed more people and is continuing to kill and kill and kill. Oh yeah! As flip Wilson use to joke, the Devil made me do it. The war in Iraq, Iran, Muslims, Jews, Christians, kill, kill, kill in the name of your God, then blame him. God against Satan. God and Satan don't need no oil.

Blueblades

• daystar
    daystar

Satan is quite the humanitarian, isn't he? It's God who seeks to brutally punish those who don't see exactly eye to eye with him.

That's one set of problems with the bible. Man's interpretation, pulling form from chaos, trying to keep some amount of control over the masses.

The duality exists in all of us. The mistake is in assuming "God" or "Satan" exist somewhere outside of our own hearts. It's like asking who killed more people of two comic book characters.

• Warlock
    Warlock

The answer is obvious. If you don't get it, you don't get it.

Warlock

• eclipse
    eclipse

I am bringing this thread back because on my research through google, I found someone who did the tally...

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2006/08/who-has-killed-more-satan-or-god.html

Who has killed more, Satan or God?

In a previous post, I counted the number of people that were killed by God in the Bible. I came up with 2,270,365, which, of course, greatly underestimates God's total death toll, since it only includes those killings for which specific numbers are given. No attempt was made to include the victims of Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, or the many plagues, famines, fiery serpents, etc., with which the good book is filled. Still, 2 million is a respectable number even for world class killers.

But how does this compare with Satan? How many did he kill in the Bible?

Well I can only find ten, and even these he shares with God, since God allowed him to do it as a part of a bet. I'm talking about the seven sons and three daughters of Job.

So it seems that both Satan and God share the blame (or the credit) for these killings. If so, then the tally would be:

killings
    God2,270,365+
    Satan10

No contest.

Update
    I've tried to assign numbers to the un-numbered killings in the Bible. You can see the detailed list here.

The results were even more lopsided: 32.9 million (plus or minus a few million) for God; 0 for Satan.

Here is a more complete table.

numbered killingsestimated total killings
    God2,270,365+32.9 million
    Satan1010

Posted by Steve Wells at 8/09/2006

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I declare God the winner! Both in quantity and quality in the killing game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit