The great debate

by darth frosty 22 Replies latest jw friends

• RAF
    RAF

I wouldn't even go to the JC ... what is that and who are they really ?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Thanx for the responses guy's. Interesting that no one has yet brought up the third person I was thinking of.

• juni
    juni

It's the "war room" w/the judicial committee. BWAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just fun fluff stuff RAF - nothing serious.

Juni

• Black Man
    Black Man

I'll pick three posters other than myself: Blondie - For her exhaustive research abilities Terry - For his devastating logic and thought development Alan F - For all of the above............

• needproof
    needproof

Hi Tuesday, no matter what you say to the idiot, he won't listen, understand or even want to... you are just wasting your breath! Why bother?

• Terry
    Terry

Narkissos

Allan F

Hillary_step

• Terry
    Terry

Speaking of Great Debates....

Read any of these!!

DEBATES

• Part One A compliation of the original 28-part Jehu debate between Farrell Till and Robert Turkel completed in 1998 with Till's replies to Turkel's modifications inserted in red print addenda. Added 7/26/05.
  • Part Two Added 7/26/05.
  • Part Three Added 7/26/05.

"Commentators of All Stripes" A reply to Turkel's claim that "commentators of all stripes" reckoned his "solution" to the Jehu problem to be the correct one. Added 7/26/05.
  • "The Zigzagging Stripes of Bobby Turkel" A detailed reply to Turkel's sarcastic reply to "Commentators of All Stripes." Added 7/26/05
  • New"Bobby Wants an Apology?" A reply to Turkel's demand for an apology. added 5/9/06
    Jehu Again (1) Part One of debate with a Sri Lankan Christian with a different solution to the Jehu problem. Added 7/26/05.
    Jehu Again (2) Part Two of the other Jehu debate. Added 7/26/05.

The Land-Promise Debate:
    with Robert Turkel (aka James Patrick Holding)

NewThe "Goofy-Gaffe" Exchanges on the Theology Web -A compilation of exchanges between Robert Turkel and Farrell Till posted originally on the Theology Web. Added 10/16/05
    Matt Green's Land-Promise Doubts -A point-by-point reply to questions about the land-promise debate that Matt Green posted on the Internet Infidels discussion forum. Added 10/22/05
    Yahweh's Failed Land Promise (The original TSR article that started this debate.)
    Also available here on the TSR Online website.

• Land Ahoy Turkel's first response. Also available offsite.
  • Tilling Turkel's "Land Ahoy" (Part 1) Start of Till's 6-part rebuttal. Parts 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6
  • Land Ahoy! Part 2 Turkel's next response (offsite.)
  • Where's the Land? (Part 1) Till's 3-part response to Turkel's latest.
    Parts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    (Note: Additional parts of this reply will come later.)
  • Blowing in the Wind Farrell replies separately to a section of Turkel's "fluff-free" response.
  • The Same Thing Marduk Would Do? Farrell replies to Turkel's What Would Chemosh Do?
  • Just Who is on the Fringe? Companion article to the above, continues Farrell's response to Turkel'sWhat Would Chemosh Do?
  • Home

Articles Index

The Jehu Debates:

Till We Meet Again Turkel's original Jehu article, which he deleted from his site, as retrieved from internet archives. Added 7/30/05.
  • drew sagan
    drew sagan

The truth of the matter is that the Witnesses cannot debate anything, and that is why there are no more debates.

Even at the time followers of CT Russel and others would practice shameful tactics when debating. There is an old tract entitled 'the seven thunders of millenial dawn'. In it the author talks about how the Bible Students wanted to debate him, but first required a deposit of money in order to keep him from using differant versions of CT Russells books.

• Terry
    Terry

I remember in the 50's the JW's would never back down. Now they flee to the hills of Pella!

The invention of the Internet (Thanks Al Gore) has made too much embarassing information (ammunition) available that would chop them off at the knees.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..No Brainer..Hillary_Step..AlanF..Farkel..Blondie..SkalleyWagger.....If I could turn these minds into a corporation..I would rule the world..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit