The great debate

by darth frosty 22 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Coming up, I remember how the JW heavies would brag how back in the day (the 30's and 40's) witnesses would have debates against various religous leaders on matters of faith. They claimed the reasons the debates ceased, was they used to whip the religious leaders so bad, it became pointless.

As we all know today, witlesses want no part of an earnest deabate with any one. My question is simply this...following the judicial commitee structure of three elders judging you, if allowed to have two people join you in a public debate, with three of the societies representatives, which two JWD posters would you like to have with you?

For me in my corner, give me Blondie and Auldsoul. Blondie to destroy them with their own words, and auldsoul, For the metaphysical and moral breakdown. I had another person in mind, but I will leave him for someone else.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I would pick 3 posters other than myself. Just let me be a fly on the wall.

Blondie -- to point out the inconsistencies of their reasonings

Metatron -- to show them how out of touch with the real world they are

Minimus -- to ask them numerous questions, enough to make them beg for mercy!

• Warlock
    Warlock

I AM THREE.

With all due respect, I'll fight my own battle, thank you.

Warlock

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

warlock...u are full of yourself

• Warlock
    Warlock
    warlock...u are full of yourself

No...........I'm full of ale and vodka. Hey........they can go with me to the JC!!!!!!!!! Warlock

• Mystla
    Mystla

I just want one... OUTLAW!!

He could sic his drunk penguins on em.. and cook up some roast dub sandwiches!

Oh, wait, was that a serious question? I'd still want Outlaw.. and Frannie.. A great sense of humor is the only way to deal with these guys.. there is no reasoning with them, after all!!

LOL.. think of the fun we could have!

Misty

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I'll take any former District Overseers (if any, failing which former prominent CO's will do) who still consider themselves Christian. Better still, is Ray Franz an official member on here? (most probably not)

• needproof
    needproof

Wise man once said: Never try to win an argument with an idiot.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    Wise man once said: Never try to win an argument with an idiot.

That's a really great quote. I would want someone who was well versed in fallacies, someone who could point out the fallacy of every argument, what it's called and give another example of such. I printed out a full list of the fallacies and am trying to commit them to memory, but that's the only way you're going to really win an argument with a witness I think, if you can show that every argument that they come up with is not really an argument but a false statement. Most debates are just filled with fallacies, if you use the bible there's going to be a scripture that can prove everything. How do you win a bibical debate? Come up with one more scripture that proves your point than the other guy, how do you know which scripture is more important than another scripture? With the doctrine, won't they just say "Those are old statements, the light gets brighter"? I fail to see how to win a debate on that point.

• juni
    juni

Cute (?) question darth.

Blondie - she'd have the proper facts using their words against them.

Auld Soul or LT - for the same reasons you listed.

Sparky (Decki) - to just f*** w/their minds and provide entertainment for all. Don't want this to be too serious ya know.

Juni let the party begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gopher said:

Minimus -- to ask them numerous questions, enough to make them beg for mercy!

(That's a good one !!!! )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit