We got a visitor today!

by purplesofa 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Beautiful pics purps! Thanks for posting them.

Used to rehab orphaned and injured native to Wisconsin wildlife. Raccoons being one of the species. Adorable babies and they get pretty snarfy as they get older - which is good in order to survive. One doesn't want to imprint them. Make sure your kitty is up on distemper shots also. Wildlife carry that virus too.

They love dog food also. And if you want an entire group of them put out bananas. They LOVE them. If you put the sliced bananas in a large, low sided pan of water or a kid's small plastic swimming pool w/ some water in it, you can watch them "fish" around for it. It's fun to watch.

We had a doctor volunteer at the Center and he would repair outdoor enclosures for the animals. The junior raccoons would crawl on his head and grab at his tools. They are very dexterous (sp?). It was cute to watch.

PS We had our rabies shots and kept up to date w/blood titres to make sure we were protected.

Juni

....and to think that there are humans starving in the world. Im kidding. I can appreciate why you would feed a family of raccoons. You love nature and to interact with it, observe it and be a part of it. Nice pics purps. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and if it were my back yard, I'd shoot the raccoon......and I'm not kidding.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

What a beautiful cat!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Purps..We have raccoons closer to the ocean in the mountains..I`m in a more Eastern Mountain Range right now..Rattlesnakes,Deer and mountatian goats..Not a racoon to be seen.....Richie..Purps is a fine Southern Lady..Arkansass..She`s put`n you on with Viet Nam..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Beautiful yard!!!! and the kitty is cute too, I'm afraid of racoons - was bit in the lip at age 7 by one at the local park. I even had to get the rabies shots!!!

nj

• juni
    juni

(((darthfrosty)))

Hey, I wouldn't expect different sentiments somehow. To each their own is a fact of life. We rehabbed a snowy owl. Banded it and released it back to Canada. On the way, it was shot through w/an arrow. A beautiful bird killed. Just wanted to share because I believe also that people should be educated about our wildlife and the place they hold in life and the value they serve for us in making our lives more enjoyable.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit