"Woe, to you blinds guides..."

by AGuest 5 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    "... and they will certainly build houses and have occupancy; and they will certainly plant vineyards and eat [their' fruitage. They will not build and someone else have occupancy; they will not plant and someone else do the eating." - Isaiah 65:21, 22a

At the "Memorial" that I attended last evening the "brother" giving the "talk" referred to these verses when addressing those "with an earthly hope." He prefaced these verses with a statement that basically asked why in the world anyone would even want to go the heaven (i.e., "I mean, what would you DO there?") He actually went so far as to intimate that those whose hope is "earthly" are, in fact, in a much better position than those whose hope is "heavenly" and used these verses to give an example of what those whose hope is "earthly" would be doing (i.e, something, as opposed, I guess, to nothing, which is what he intimated those with a "heavenly" hope would be doing).

My point here is not to debate the one hope over the other; indeed, the TRUTH is that there is only ONE hope (i.e., the two flocks becoming ONE - Ephesians 4:4), so that whatever "hope" there is, it is the same for both and the TRUTH is that neither is solely “heavenly” NOR solely “earthly”... but both (but that is for another thread). I digress.

I had to mention this particular issue now, however, due to the identification of who is being spoken OF in Isaiah's verses:

"For like the days of a tree will the days of my people be; and the work their own hands my chosen ones will use to the full. They will not toil for nothing, nor will they bring to birth for disturbance; because they are the offspring made up of the blessed ones of Jah, and their descendants with them.” – Isaiah 65:22b, 23

The Hebrew word for “chosen ones” in verse 22, is “bachiyr” and means “chosen, choice one, chosen one, elect (of God)” and is the same word used at Isaiah 42:1 with reference to the Christ. The reference to “their descendants with them” was stated further by Peter, when Luke recorded him as saying:

“… you will receive the FREE GIFT OF HOLY SPIRIT. For the promise is to you and to your children…” - Acts 2:38, 39

Both verses blow yet another hole in the "blindfold" handed out by such blind guides. For it is Jah’s CHOSEN ONES (who, interestingly, are considered to be those with a “heavenly hope” by the WTBTS of JCW) who being mentioned. AND… the hope… includes THEIR CHILDREN.

I felt truly sorry for the man. I know him and know him to be decent and kind... albeit seriously misled... and it hurt to watch and hear him. I cringed as he spoke because he could not even "see" how his own reference and application was false, although the words were right there in front of him.

Ah, well...

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH of Armies, be upon any who wish it such that they are granted ears to hear… AND EYES TO SEE. May it also be upon those who, although saying "I see," have not yet come to know that truly they are blind... and naked... and miserable... and pitiable. May He have mercy on them, so as to grant them eyesalve, holy spirit, through His precious Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH and in this way they are able to avoid being led into the pit... or, alternatively, and more seriously, leading others into it. Matthew 15:14

Father, please forgive them for they truly don't know what they're doing. Technically and literally.

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, those who go with them... and the world... and a slave of Christ, to time indefinite,

SJ

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Amazing what happens when you paint yourself into a doctrinal corner. And to think it all started with a literal interpretation of the 144k.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Father, please forgive them for they truly don't know what they're doing. Technically and literally.

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, those who go with them... and the world... and a slave of Christ, to time indefinite,

Once you open that book, be it green, black, blue, mahogany and start tumping you fall under the god spell and this stuff starts making sense to you. You enter your own wacky world.

If there is a god and he needs you to tell him to forgive us. Then we are all in a world of shxt.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

If there is a god and he needs you to tell him to forgive us. Then we are all in a world of shxt.

Uh-huh! He's done a "divine" job hidin' himself!

• Axeman
    Axeman
    He actually went so far as to intimate that those whose hope is "earthly" are, in fact, in a much better position than those whose hope is "heavenly" and used these verses to give an example of what those whose hope is "earthly" would be doing (i.e, something, as opposed, I guess, to nothing, which is what he intimated those with a "heavenly" hope would be doing).

Re heaven It is not a question of what you will be doing (ie: what's in it for me mentality of the witnesses) but rather whom you are with A God who loves Its about relationship it matters little what the surroundings are though you can be sure knowing God what we experience in heaven will far surpass anything we can imagine or have experienced here on earth.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Right on. The annointed guy at my wife's memorial read all the same verses. Funny though how he read the Isaiah scripture, saying God's poeple would be doing those things, after he read Jeremiah where it said God would have a New Covenant with his people, after he said,(no scripture), that the great crowd was not in the New Covenant.

So what is it? Are the Great Crowd God's people? They have to be if they are fulfilling Isaiah. And if they are they must be in the New Covenant according to Jeremiah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit