What Do You Do To Show You Love Your Significant Other?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

"Clicking" with one nother is very important. Too often, people are on different pages.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Ok, this is my second marriage, I think I got it right the 2nd time...

1. My hubby is a bit of an ass, and I like it therefore I show understanding in this department

2. I tickle him (lightly) wherever he wants (this is his favorite)

3. I let him be who he wants to be, I guess this goes with # 1

4. I take care of him when I can, in all aspects but sometimes I can't take care of him, therefore there are more "make up" sessions to take of him

5. There is a true attraction to my hubby, man I think hes sexy!

6. I had his child (baby girl) on 2/5/07

7. I kiss him alot

8. I "take care" of him alot if you know what I mean

9. I laugh at him alot, we laugh alot together

I could go on and on. Hey, no relationship is perfect, but in this life time, I am truly grateful for my happiness.

Nikki

• minimus
    minimus

I guess you "take care of him", huh?

• Nowman
    Nowman

Well, to answer that question, because I realize I said that 2x in my list (Ha, I guess I am proud of that), yes because I would not be in a realtionship married or not, and not "take care" of my man (sorry for sounding sort of cheezy), thats part of the fun of it, you know? I feel its extrememly important, but not everything, yet I stress, extremely important.

Nikki

• Brigid
    Brigid
    most effectively simply by really, really seeing her, by noticing the very small things about her along with the big things, and loving them.

To be seen...truly seen; the good-the bad, the beautiful-the hideous and loved not in spite of but because of the whole that is me is the highest respect any human has ever paid me.

How do I show my love? I don't think he wants for affection; touches and hugs for no reason at all. Holding his head in my lap gently after a stressful day.

listening to him as he pontificates on life, spirituality or just the mundane and being truly fascinated by all of it.

Letting him know that all that I have is his.

Buying him beer when I come over LOL!

• ninja
    ninja

lots of stuff...after 17 years of marriage I can honestly say I love her as much as ever...even though she is in a cult...she is a great woman...sorry a bit soppy...but true

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Daystar: "I support her 100% in her path. I advise her when she asks for it and when I do, I don't just try to make her feel good, but tell her truth, even when it may be painful at times.

I respect her opinion even when I don't agree, perhaps even moreso when I don't.

I give her "the look" often. Not necessarily the one that says "meet me in the bedroom", but the one that says she is the most amazing, beautiful woman alive to me.

She knows that while I can survive well on my own, her presense makes everything much more sweet, much more alive. I tell her this and I show her this.

And I show her probably most effectively simply by really, really seeing her, by noticing the very small things about her along with the big things, and loving them."

I just had to quote this whole passage because it's one of the most beautiful expressions of love I've read. Thank you Daystar for reminding me what unconditional love looks like.

tall penguin

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    "Clicking" with one nother is very important. Too often, people are on different pages.

Truth minimus!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i'd give you an answer but she don't talk much '-)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I guess if the two of you "click" WAC, something's broken.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit