So I went to the Memorial last night...........

by Warlock 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

So I went last night and it really wasn't that bad. In fact, I felt comfortable. I got the usual greetings, hugs, and one of the elders almost came to tears when he saw me.

There were also the "same-old" "same-olds" who look right through you and never say a word to you. Oh well, I guess they haven't been paying attention to all the counsel telling us that we need to put on that Christ-like personality. I don't see what's taking them so long. They never miss a meeting.

There was also Brother "I lost two of my kids to the world because I was way too strict with them and now they hate me and I don't know why". He never said a word to me either. Oh well, it looks like he's going to lose his last two to the world, also.

I also like the way the speaker used James 2:24-26. He skipped v.25. Maybe because the sum total of Rahab's works amounted to one event, not 20 years of Field Service. Hmmmmmm.

I saw this first meeting in almost a year in a different way, though. Thanks to you people on JWD, I was looking at what the scriptures were saying, rather than what the WTS wanted us to think they were saying. I will forever look at it in the same manner, too.

Friends, you actually made it easy for me to take. I don't know if that's good or not, but as the pressure builds to go more often, it really won't be that bad, thanks to you. You have taught me how to roll with the punches.

Warlock

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Thank you for sharing, Warlock.

I appreciate the point about Rahab too...

• JH
    JH

I always liked seeing both sides of a coin.

Try telling that to the elders though....

• moshe
    moshe

Well , if people can survive living in North Korea, then you can survive this, too. Maybe, you will see a reason for going to the KH. Life seems to work out that way.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Funny how one sister told me privately that she prays for me all the time and looks for me every Sunday. Then she said "Look, Warlock, there are answers for some things. For other things there are no answers, and the questions remain".

She must have figured out I have some problems with doctrine, too. Smart lady. She is one of those that I love dearly, and there are a few like her.

Warlock

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Im glad it wasnt a bad experience for you.......I on the other hand, would be smiled at.....but still shunned, so I chose to say no to both my invites.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Warlock,

I'm glad it went well for you - I was thinking of you last night. My observance was at home; that worked for me. Take care and thanx for sharing.

CoCo

• Dave-O
    Dave-O

Hi, I just joined this forum today.. Well let me start off by saying I'm Catholic.. My girlfriend of 2 years is a disfellowshipped JW because she accepted a blood transfusion during a tumor surgery. So, I went to my first memorial last night with her because she wanted me there. It was held at a hotel. All I can say is that was the weirdest "church" I have ever attended. At times when the guy was talking I just wanted to shout out "BS!!!".. they talked about how you can only get to "paradise" through works... I shook my head in dis-belief and my GF gave me the look of death. I didn't realize how different the JW religion is.. she had always told me it was Christian but I have a hard time believing that. I told her I was going to eat the bread and drink the wine because that's what I do at mass, she said that you do that only if you're part of the 144,000 that are going to Heaven! I said well I'm going to Heaven and ate a piece of bread and sipped the wine.. and people stared at me! I guess I don't get it... she was angry at me all night. So today I asked her if she would go to Easter Mass with me this Sunday.. which seemed like a huge ordeal to her... I thought that was rude.. afterall I went to her 'memorial'...

• needproof
    needproof

Thanks for sharing Warlock - and I know exactly who you are talking about when you mention those who look right through you - the self righteous bunch who can't even say hello, they sicken me.

• needproof
    needproof

Hi Dave-O, damn, you got a rough introduction to the memorial. I think there are other Catholics on here... why not write your post in a topic where more people can see it and welcome you?

Welcome, btw!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit