anyone here eat the bread and wine at the memorial?

by johnny cip 16 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    funny not many takers on this thread. which leads me to think many here , are scared shitless of thier jw family, shunning etc. by going and being hypocrites. i don't mean to sound mean. it's just the way i see it. john

I can't agree with that Johnny.

There are many and far more complex reasons to consider.

• Many are faders and don't wish to draw undue attention.
    • Some may not wish to participate in the Jw communion due to seeing the wrongs in it.
    • Some may not believe in Jesus anymore.
    • Some may be observers out of good motive, perhaps still accepting the two classes doctrine.

Many more reasons might exist for not partaking. IF I ever go - I will partake. But if I didn't it would have nothing to do with your wide brushstroke as to the reasons. Not even close.

Jeff

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

SNORT! I don't give a crap what they think (or don't think, more accurately). I understand why people go, and I understand why people are scared. The dubs have a big club they use. If they STOPPED dfing, there would probably be a mass exodus. They don't have a lot of options to keep people in the Borg. Even with that threat hanging over their heads, more and more are walking away...

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

johnny,

What you are obviously forgetting is that most of the x-dubs that consider themselves Christian do partake of the bread and the wine (as I and others in my community do), symbolic of Christ's sacrificed flesh and blood, and his new covenant. They, however, do it in gatherings outside the KH, in their homes, or, for others, in their churches.

Those who go to "the memorial" at the KH, are a different lot, as most of them only go to not disappoint family they must live with. You do understand the profound effects of having family shun you, don't you?

BA- Hope that clears things up for you.

PS- If you bothered to check the other threads, you'd already know this.

• mann377
    mann377

Hey...........pass the bread.........pass the wine............then pass the gas!

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

trust me i understand why many x jw's go. the good bad and ugly. i only bring out points. like it or not at some point most of the x jw's here will have to make a stand. i feel the memorial is a good time. look little richie rich only 19 years old made his stand for what it's worth. i'm still pissed he didn't partake, but he stood up. that's a lot more than i can say about many others here. who play this game year after year . but come here day after day crying why their jw families give them no respect. john

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

i didnt go. I cant stand to be in the same room as them lot and i'm not sure i even believe in Jesus anymore so what would be the point of going?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I absolutely did not and made no effort to go, even at the prodding of my wife this year. Usually, I make this one meeting to make her happy, but I had a prior engagement and I made no effort the reschedule it to waste 45 minutes of my time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit