Went to Memorial - where was everybody?

by Bonnie_Clyde 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I haven't missed a Memorial since I started attending over 50 years ago. Tonight I was expecting the hall to be jambed as usual. It wasn't! I sat in the 5th row from the front and from where I sat, I could see 31 empty seats--there may have been more. Usually there is overflow into the library. There was nobody in the library tonight. Not even extra chairs set up in the back of the hall.

The meeting was very boring as usual, but I'm glad I attended just to see the attendance down. I don't know how attendance at other meetings has been lately--haven't been there since last August.

Bonnie

• zeroday
    zeroday

I was there. I was the one who drank the whole glass of wine and then grabbed the bottle and finished it off. They only had a couple of crackers so after that I pulled out a loaf of bread and ate it....

• karnage
    karnage

I didn't go this evening... but I can imagine that the attendance is down. The congregation that usually invites my family, usually meets in a large place. Tonight, they had the Memorial at the local Kingdom Hall instead.

• Kudra
    Kudra

I was there- I tried to wave but you didn't see me

:P

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

A low attendance rate is very interesting. Especially if that is the case around the world

What do you say the spin doctors say it means the doors are closed?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I didn't go, but I passed in front of the Kingdom Hall and noticed a Sheriff's car near the driveway entrance. Don't know what that was all about. Maybe they were expecting protestors or something???

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

my family called.. trying to make me feel guilty about not going.. i asked how many were there and they said they didnt know but there werent any extra seats set out and there were quite a few empty seats thruout the hall.. i asked how many extra people were there... they named off 8 other than regular meeting attenders. so by that i take it the numbers there were down as well

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

My wife went, the only meeting she has attended since last memorial. Attendance level seemed normal. Everyone was very friendly, trying to get her to go back to meetings and wanting to know why she doesn't go anymore.

One of our old friends made what the following comment that I found quite offensive. "Just because your husband does not want you to go to meetings is no reason to stop. Remember that Jehovah is more important than your husband". I think what she meant to say was "Jehovah The Watchtower Society is more important than your husband." How is it that JWs can not see the difference?

• Namasti
    Namasti

I left and never went back but I have thought, on many occasion, that it might be fun to relive a moment of my youth and go back on a Memorial and remember. I always felt that as the human race in general evolves and with so many now on many high spiritual paths, it has to have an effect on the brain washing of the JW. I have faith that many will start to awaken. The JW beliefs are going to seem more and more archaic to anyone with half a brain.. Don't you think? I think back what I used to believe and just laugh. Paradise earth and rebulding work with only JW as the ones in favor of God. It doesn't get any more naive, People have to start seeing it for what it truly is just as we have. Thanks for sharing about the Memorial.

Namasti

• Namasti
    Namasti

I left and never went back but I have thought, on many occasion, that it might be fun to relive a moment of my youth and go back on a Memorial and remember. I always felt that as the human race in general evolves and with so many now on many high spiritual paths, it has to have an effect on the brain washing of the JW. I have faith that many will start to awaken. The JW beliefs are going to seem more and more archaic to anyone with half a brain.. Don't you think? I think back what I used to believe and just laugh. Paradise earth and rebulding work with only JW as the ones in favor of God. It doesn't get any more naive, People have to start seeing it for what it truly is just as we have. Thanks for sharing about the Memorial.

Namasti

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit