To wait or not to wait?

by Frenchy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Hi,

There is no way that the WTS can explain how Jehovah will accomplish his purpose for the simple reason that He has not told them. This is shown by such statements made by them that billions of people will be destroyed (as in China and the Muslim countries) by Jehovah simply because these governments will not allow them to preach in these countries. This is pure crap. It truly shows that they do not know Jehovah. What human government can keep Jehovah from doing what he has purposed to do? Jehovah asks a question at Isaiah 50:2: “Has my hand become in fact so short that it cannot redeem, or is there in me no power to deliver?” I believe that Jehovah’s Witnesses are saying by the above statement that the answer to this question is yes.

The fact is that He is not using them at this time to accomplish his purposes otherwise they would not be held up by human governments. So how are they suppose to give satisfying answers to explain why Armageddon is not here yet? They can’t because they don’t have any. Jehovah has a timetable and they are not privy to it. That’s why all the guessing about dates and time.

In all of their fumbling around with dates, they still cannot count to six thousands years so as to know when the thousand year reign will begin. And that is the key. Armageddon will not come before that time. Since Adam brought sin and death upon the human family, humans have been suffering. This will continue until Jehovah ends it, at his specified time. It has nothing to do with delaying it in order to bring more people into the organization. The one thing that must be remembered is this: Every living being will hear the message of truth before Jehovah brings destruction upon Satan’s system. This is justice and He is a God of justice. Because JWs cannot tell you how this will be accomplished does not mean it will not happen. Isaiah 2:2-4 shows that it will happen when it says ‘nations will stream to the mountain of the house of Jehovah.’ This is exactly what this scripture means, nations, not just a few straggling people from these nations including China and Iran, Iraq, etc., will turn to Jehovah. Of course, only He can accomplish this and He won’t need anyone going door-to-door to accomplish it. This method of proselytizing had proven very ineffective.

Since Jehovah is a reader of hearts, he already knows who will respond to truth. And he will use this knowledge to accomplish His will to have all people hear his message and be given the opportunity to respond. Isaiah 66:18-20 gives us an idea of how this will be accomplished. It says: “And as regards their works and their thoughts, I am coming in order to collect all the nations and tonguestogether; and they will have to come and see my glory. And I will set among them a sign, and I will send some of those who are escaped to the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, those drawing the bow, Tubal and Javan, the faraway islands, who have not heard a report about me or seen my glory; and they will for certain tell about my glory among the nations. And they will actually bring all your brothers out of all the nations as a gift to Jehovah, on horses and in chariots and in covered wagons and on mules and on swift she-camels up to my holy mountain, Jerusalem, Jehovah has said, just as when the sons of Israel bring the gift in a clean vessel into the house of Jehovah.” The order is that one will tell another, these two will tell two others, these four will tell four others and so on, exponential growth. There will be no need for a ministerial school to learn the doctrine. These will all be taught truth and will be able to depart it to others easily just as Jesus disciples were able to impart what he taught them without any further training. It will be as Isaiah 54:13 says: “All your sons will be persons taught by Jehovah and the peace of your sons will be abundant.” Does this description fit the WTS today? They, today, can be better described as Isaiah 27:11 says: “...For it is not a people of keen understanding. That is why its maker will show it no mercy, and its own Former will show it no favor.”

When I use the word ‘truth,’ I don’t mean the measly knowledge that JWs possess today. They haven’t begun to understand prophecy which comprises the major portion of the bible. In their present state of idolatry, Jehovah cannot give them the necessary knowledge that would be in fulfillment of Isaiah 30:26 which reads: “ And the light of the full moon must become as the light of the glowing sun; and the very light of the glowing sun will become seven times as much, like the light of seven days, in the day that Jehovah binds up the breakdown of his people and heals even the severe wound resulting from the stroke by him.” According to this verse, this increased knowledge follows the ‘binding up of the breakdown of his people;’ ‘the healing of the severe wound resulting from the stroke by him.’ It’s called discipline and it will be administered by Jehovah himself upon his own people. (See also Isaiah chapter 60) He is going to clean house and when he is finished, Isaiah 60: 21 can be appropriately applied to them. It reads: “And as for your people, all of them will be righteous; to time indefinite they will hold possession of the land, the sprout of my planting, the work of my hands, for me to be beautified.”

Therefore, at the present time, JWs are not in any position to be able to explain rationally why Armageddon is still not here.

bjc

• MDS
    MDS
    ...I read in the magazines or hear brothers say this in their talks. (With some variation) “Aren’t we grateful that Jehovah has waited this long before loosing Armageddon on mankind? Isn’t it loving on his part to allow all this time for people to come to know him?”

That type of statement in actuality is the "height of arrogance" on the part of JWs worldwide.

In other words, Jehovah God, the Almighty, must wait to bring "Armageddon" because of some strange and inneffectual "work" that clumsy, ignoramus JWs are doing...what???

So, they are holding God up from accomplishing his purposes and bringing about peace and righteousness earthwide...ridiculous!

Isaiah 66:18-20 says it all,

“And as regards their works and their thoughts, I am coming [Jehovah God is coming to do His Own Preaching Work] in order TO COLLECT ALL THE NATIONS AND TONGUES TOGETHER; and they will have to come and see my glory...I WILL SEND some of those who are escaped [from WTS as slaves]...to the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, those drawing the bow, Tubal and Javan, the faraway islands, who have not heard a report about me or seen my glory[individuals never contacted by JWs at all];...

"... and they will for certain tell about my glory among the nations. [now those hearing the message began to spread it also, thus it grows exponentially]..."

Jehovah is "collecting together" All nations, tongues.

This verse is saying exactly what Revelation is saying,

"...And let anyone hearing say: Come!...let anyone that wishes take life's water free." -- Rev. 22:17

God's Kingdom Message goes to ALL PEOPLE, earthwide...all people before Jehovah makes any movement to "judge" people.

Jehovah sees to it, guarantees it.

Its fair, and its equitable...

MDS

• CatOnARoof
    CatOnARoof

<<<<There is no way that the WTS can explain how Jehovah will accomplish his purpose for the simple reason that He has not told them. This is shown by such statements made by them that billions of people will be destroyed (as in China and the Muslim countries) by Jehovah simply because these governments will not allow them to preach in these countries.<<<<

bjc2012, I asked a question similar to that of the original poster, when JW came to my door. They told me about a 1000 year period after Armageddon- when ppl who never heard of J. will get a chance to choose. Its still pretty cruel to let innocent children die though simply because the time has come. Which I also mentioned, but they gave me that "Oh-she-has-so-much-left-to-learn" - look, without offering a reasonable explanation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit