What is up with the Guinness?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 13 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ok, I was just reading Penny's thread regarding dealing with the invites and noticed Decki's post about Guinness. The other day one of our posters started a thread about dealing with her hubby and drinking Guinness.

I am SO on a Guinness kick at the moment. It's tasting soo yummy. Just one at night works for me. The smooth flavor and the dark brew mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

It's good for you too - in moderation of course!

It's got lots of iron in it - years ago they recommended mums-to-be to drink it because of this. Not now though, alcohol and all that...

Maybe you're getting some iron that you lacked hence the 'feel-good' factor?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

hey sad emo!

Wow, I did not know that about the iron in the Guinness. I am definitely all for moderation.

I can honestly say that excess is not my thing. <<shrugs>> don't like it much.

I just think it's interesting that the word Guinness is coming up so much right now on the board.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

BSM, it is good beer and something I just read to further your consumption of it, it was asked why the Irish do not have these huge beer bellies like Americonos, it is because Guiness has fewer calories than most beers.

Drink up and seeing that I am coming off my fast tonight, it does sound good but then again everything sounds good right now,

abr

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3266819.stm

(Its an old report but outlines the benefits of the black stuff! I think it's something to do with the higher hops/malt content which makes it healthier than regular beer.

Is there a brewer in the house to enlighten us?!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

BSM, it is good beer and something I just read to further your consumption of it, it was asked why the Irish do not have these huge beer bellies like Americonos, it is because Guiness has fewer calories than most beers.

Drink up and seeing that I am coming off my fast tonight, it does sound good but then again everything sounds good right now,

Less calories huh? Oh now that is always a plus!

Fasting. Good for the body. I have tried it a little in the past. The best I can do is lay off the refined flour and sugars. Past that, I end up with huge headaches.

Enjoy your chow tonight!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Past that, I end up with huge headaches.

That are some of the toxins being release in your body as your body is trying to feed, best to drink plenty of water and flush them, or in your case plenty of Guiness.

I feel pretty good, lost 8 pounds and am looking forward to having my first bite in 72 hours prior to my personal memorial.

abr

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

thank you emo for that! I am personally not a brewer, so I cannot enlighten you. Sorry! But it makes some sense.

abr: Ya know I have heard that before. I was actually reading it a few months ago. You probably feel way lighter and have more energy I bet!!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Ya know I have heard that before. I was actually reading it a few months ago. You probably feel way lighter and have more energy I bet!!

I definitely feel better and especially if my eating is off for a little while, but I am definitely lighter by 8 pounds and will gain about 3-4 back, but my cruise is coming in less then two weeks and I am good for a pound a day for sure.

abr

• zagor
    zagor

That's funny, I've just had one this morning, mind you I've had a long night so it doesn't feel like a morning at all

Oh well, cheers!!! Hick!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit