The chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter

by uuus2b1 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    On to the order of the phoenix. At first I hated this book, on the second read, I loathed it, Than it started to grow on me. I realized that the reason I hated the book so much was because J.K.Rowling, was such a good writer. She succeded in making me absolutly hate one delores jane umbridge. This has got to be the worst character ever. Most story's have the villian you love to hate(kinda like my moniker.) Or you have the villian Thats just delicously cruel and wicked(like a certain he-who-must-not-be-named.) But with Delores Jane Umbridge, my god this witch was just foul,evil and nasty with no redeeming qualities.

Exactly how I felt. I too hated that book, made me feel agitated and irritable. But it was on the second read through that I picked up on a lot of hidden clues.

Is it just me or does it look like they've given Umbridge the Queen's hair style for the film?

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

I knew an elder who wouldn't allow his daughter to watch Disney's "The Little Mermaid". I figured it was because of the witch character. No, it was because the little mermaid didn't obey her father!!!

tall penguin

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I was looking for umbridge, to be short and squat.

• daystar
    daystar

If they don't have a problem with the LOTR, they may be interested to know that Tolkien and C.S. Lewis were close friends. In fact, it was Tolkien who converted C.S. Lewis to Christianity.

Both authors' books are quite Christian in tone and message. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._S._Lewis

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Underbeliever, that was great. Kinda shows how shallow many Witnesses are. Some let their children (!) play Grand Theft Auto, and others won't let them see a harmless movie like The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Strangely, I liked the older, animated Lion, Witch, Wardrobe better than the newer live-action movie. Then again, it has been years since I saw the animated movie, so as to give it a fair comparison.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit