It's that time, who's going?

by Deleted 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Deleted
    Deleted

My wife got the invite today, I was out. They'd know what I would say, and that is .... "If I went I would partake of the emblems, and the reason is this: John 6:53 (NIV) 53Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. So if you have that advice from the Boss's son how can you let the emblems pass you by?" Please have a nibble and a sip for me! Oh, and that would really mess up the Watchtower statistics. Glen

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

HELL NO, CAN'T MAKE ME GOOOOOO!!

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder how the Bible Students handle this time, the memorial? Do they all partake or are some of a second earthly class? Or do they partake weekly on Sunday?

I wonder how many ex-JWs will be celebrating a new way with a Christian church?

I wonder how many will be celebrating privately perhaps with a few friends and family?

The WTS does not "own" the Bible or spirituality.

This is also coming up on a special time for the Jews as Passover begins on Monday.

Moshe has talked about a Jewish Seder. There is a synagogue nearby, I have always thought about respectfully attending.

Blondie

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Do they "count" anybody who partakes or do they have to be a known JW in good standing for the elders to count them as partaking? (my guess is they refuse to count anyone who they don't *know* is a good annointed JW)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Deleted,

I am with you in sentiment. Per Blondie's thoughts, I am now preparing for a private memorial, with a growing degree of certainty that it will have the approval of God and Jesus. You're correct, the WT does not have a monopoly on spirituality.
    Many have kindly PMd me with information truer, more heartening and more Scripturally-backed than any other I've ever received from the Society. My associates Monday night will be my "out-of-town" companions at JWD.

Thank you, Deleted ............

CoCo

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    I wonder how many will be celebrating privately perhaps with a few friends and family?

That would be me, I have family and friends coming over and we are going to do it scripturally and enjoy the freedom of the Christ and give thought on the occasion

abr

• horrible life
    horrible life

I receved my invitation yesterday, in the mail. I sent word for my parents to stop sending Watchtowers and Awakes. Mom was just counting the time and placements anyway. I just didn't feel like being her ticket into the "New Order". She is in a wheelchair, and probably takes an hour or two to write the 1 paragraph of dribble of the Watchtower new things. Which I already know from here. All packed neatly in a large manilla envelope. No bending the precious mags.

I haven't been invited in 3 years, and was starting to worry that I wasn't even thought of anymore. But it came, folded in a regular envelope. Go figure??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit