Did non-Isrealites eat of the Passover meal?

by *jeremiah* 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Some "aliens" or non-Jews aligned themselves with the Israelites,...right? Like,...Moses,...he wasn't Jewish,...right? So did non-Isrealites eat of the Passover meal?

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

I think I just found the answer to my question: 43 The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "These are the regulations for the Passover: "No foreigner is to eat of it. 44 Any slave you have bought may eat of it after you have circumcised him, 45 but a temporary resident and a hired worker may not eat of it. Exodus 12 ...but does foreigner mean non-believer? Because Moses and Aaron were believer's. Did Moses and Aaron partake?

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Where's Moshe when I need him?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Moses was an Israelite by origin, his parents were Jewish even though he grew up in the Egyptian palace. At some stage he abandoned his life of luxury and glory and went back to his roots.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Greendawn

Moses and Aaron were Hebrews and Isrealites...not Jewish. They were of the tribe of Levi. The name "Jew" indicates one of the tribe of Judah although the later use of it included any from the nation of Judea.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

During the Captivity, and after the Restoration, the name, however, was extended to all the Hebrew nation without distinction #Es 3:6,10 Da 3:8,12 Ezr 4:12 5:1,5

Joseph

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Israelites and Proselytes (including the Nethinim) could eat of it. It wasn't just for the Levitical priesthood.

Kinda makes a complete mockery of the WTS view of the Memorial, given their restricting it to their so-called "Priestly" class, doesn't it?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Kinda makes a complete mockery of the WTS view of the Memorial, given their restricting it to their so-called "Priestly" class, doesn't it?

Yes it does, since the Passover symbolized the Memorial in detail didn't it - just a different Lamb.

And didn't the inclusion of the non-Isrealites symbolize the 'other sheep' according to WTS?

Interesting post Jeremiah.

Jeff

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Israelites and Proselytes (including the Nethinim) could eat of it. It wasn't just for the Levitical priesthood. Kinda makes a complete mockery of the WTS view of the Memorial, given their restricting it to their so-called "Priestly" class, doesn't it?

My thoughts exactly Little Toe, funny how you see all this when you are out, perhaps because the spirit can work on the mind.

abr

• moshe
    moshe

Trust me, you guys really don't want to eat matzo's for 8 days! I can only speak for myself- When I was engaged to my future wife I was invited to Passover with her family. I can't speak, though how an Orthodox family might view that. If you ask two Jews a question you are liable to get three different answers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit