WHAT SILLY/STUPID THINGS DID YOU BELIEVE WHILE IN JWS?

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

I believed that Armageddon would be here before the "generation of 1914" passed away.

Oh wait, thats what they told me!!! Silly me!!!

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

I believed that the Great Tribulation / Big A was going to be here within a few years of 1994.

I believed that angels were with us in FS.

I believed in demons.

I believed that there would be a paradise and a resurrection of the dead.

That's just off the top of my head....

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I believed all the fu#$ing bulls#$%t they dumped into my innocent, impressionable little head.

Then I woke up and began to live. Glad I woke up in my 30s instead of my 70s. That would totally suck.

Nvr

• The Mayor of Turiwhate
    The Mayor of Turiwhate

I would class the whole JW Doctrine in the category of "Silly / Stupid things"!

And yes - there was a time when I believed the whole lot.
    (I am still trying to figure out whether that was because I wanted to believe the whole lot, though?)

The Mayor

• Mad
    Mad

Hmmmm! What about when we were in Church! Let's see: Trinity,Hellfire,Purgatory,Limbo, Transubstantiation, Endless 'Saints', Holy Mother Mary to pray to-Mother of God, endless read & memorized prayers, Immortal Soul, Pitchforked Horned Devil, Ouiji Boards, the Pope, the Rosary- want more?

Mad

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Everything my parents told me.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That the GB of the WTS had been appointed by God as the supreme spiritual leaders of mankind and that they were constantly receiving revelations from God. That the WTS was genuinely serving the interests of its members.

• free2think
    free2think

That every single thing I had done wrong, even just thoughts, would be told to me and held against me on judgement day.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Well most of the JW dogma, but the most stupid thing would be that I don't deserve life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit