a Fairly Interesting Occurence.

by RichieRich 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Mile 0
    Mile 0

Hey Richie, can any of that "lower" body piercing hardware trip the security devices at the airport? I know this couple who decided to go on a runaway to Vegas, and he being a severe diabetic with circulation issues had a stainless steel penile implant but the long and short of it is that he tripped the scanner and had a very embarrasing discussion with airport security.

Mile 0

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Good story Rich! Thanx for sharing that part of your life. Let me guess, you're trying to get closer to God right. LOL!. You know what dude. I spent a lot of time around folks and girlfreinds in the last 20 years that got it done and never got a single tat or a peircing myself. I once thought of getting a tetragramaton since it played such a pivitol part in my life but decided against it. Each to there own I say. I had enough controversy to last a lifetime anyways.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Richie that is OUTSTANDING. I hope you see her again and I hope you tell her we're all rooting for her to get out!

Edited to add: Where we lived before one of our dearest friends was a tat and piercing guy. We were over at their house one day when he came home from work and was so excited he just *had* to show us all his new Prince Albert (done by a friend of his who was visiting). Yes, I looked. And congratulated him.

Piercers don't think much more about looking at and working on people's body parts (same or opposite) than medical professionals do, in my experience...

• horrible life
    horrible life

American Airlines Dallas to North Carolina = $253.00

Rental Car = 73.00

Hotel for 1 night = 158.00

Triangle Piercing = ?????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting to meet Richie upclose = PRICELESS

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

It depends in part on what type of jewelry is being worn, and the metal detector itself.

Metal detectors send out waves of electro-magnetic energy that will be disturbed if they encounter something metallic... but there are settings on the metal detector, that allow it to be adjusted to how much metal sets it off.

So, if a normal pair of earrings don't set it off, or a navel piercing... then why would a similar sized piece of metal located elsewhere? It's just a scary thought because it's embarassing.

But you must remember that with our amazing multicolored terrorism alert system... the sensitivity of those machines does get adjusted from day to day... so you can't be 100% sure.

If its that embarassing of an idea to be caught with... I would suggest wearing acrylic or organic jewelry for the flight.

I haven't flown in a little over a year, but I did go to a hockey game recently, and was able to walk through the detector without setting it off, despite having a ton of jewelry in...

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Let me guess, you're trying to get closer to God right

I would say that because something is considered spirtual doesn't mean it has a thing to do with God. For the modifications which I consider spiritual, I find the spiritual significance to be the meaning to me, or the journey to getting it. I recently had 7mm holes biopsy punched through my cartilage. While those holes don't mean anything, I think the fact that I was able to lay down and center myself and accept that pain was a spiritual experience.

I once thought of getting a tetragramaton since it played such a pivitol part in my life but decided against it.

I have a large spiderweb on my shoulder that represents all the little things that make me who I am, and I have a spider walking away from that web that has a Watchtower on it's back. It's subtle, but it means a lot, and I think its a nice little middle finger to the org.

Where we lived before one of our dearest friends was a tat and piercing guy. We were over at their house one day when he came home from work and was so excited he just *had* to show us all his new Prince Albert (done by a friend of his who was visiting). Yes, I looked. And congratulated him.

I have friends who are the same way. Guys especially. They'll come see me, I'll pierce them, then they come hang out with us later on in the evening, and can't keep their pants up, they're so proud.

Piercers don't think much more about looking at and working on people's body parts (same or opposite) than medical professionals do, in my experience...

Exactly. Its just another day in the office.

Horrible Life, I just laughed out loud.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I have a large spiderweb on my shoulder that represents all the little things that make me who I am, and I have a spider walking away from that web that has a Watchtower on it's back. It's subtle, but it means a lot, and I think its a nice little middle finger to the org.

The tat I have asked Big W to design for me involves a spider too and is very symbolic for me.

Can you tell me what scarification is?

• Spectre
    Spectre

Ok, next apostafest, piercings all around courtesy Richie!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Do these metal pieces come off like say earrings if the person so wishes? I can't see how pierced men can have sex with these on it looks like they will be hurting their partners.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Scarification is cutting the skin to produce a scar in some design. Its not as widely accepted as tattooing, as most people don't understand it fully, but it's a way of forcing the body to adorn itself.

here's a ton of specifics... http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Scarification

and here's my spider...

alt

Do these metal pieces come off like say earrings if the person so wishes? I can't see how pierced men can have sex with these on it looks like they will be hurting their partners.

yes, jewelry can easily be removed. thanks to threaded and tension fit varieties, it stays in when you want it in, but it comes out easy too. And if it hurt their partners, people wouldn't do it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit