Wish me luck

by jillbedford 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Wow good luck Jill! I know I could walk it as I often walk 8 or 9 miles a day as I don't drive, but run it - never!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Good luck! and have fun!

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

Well, I didn't make my goal but I did the best race I had in me for today.

I had double phuemonia two weeks ago and am still coughing. I have the stress issues with my daughter. And the course has 50 hills with and overall 2% grade. It is an uphill marathon.

I finished in 3:07. But I thought about you folks and tried to push to have the best time I could.

As a side note, I passed out right after I crossed the finish line and was dragged to the med tent. I am fine but I struggled physically with this half marathon. I think I may have been dehydrayed from the meds from the phuemonia.

And in case you are asking, yes, I should have dropped put of the race entirely but I am a tough M*^%#$ F*#$)#!!!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Glad you cleared the hurdle, Jill. Hope that you will take your running shoes and give them a break for a minute. Your daughter, the race, I'm exhausted just thinking about all that was before you. I'm glad you're OK and I hope that you will continue to focus on YOU and Your Life. You should be very proud of yourself for finishing the race. Now lets relax for a moment.

Congratulations

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I wish I had your "get up and go". Sounds like a fun thing to try. I'm wishing you all the best, and most of all, I'm happy that you are in the race!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    finished in 3:07. But I thought about you folks and tried to push to have the best time I could.

As a side note, I passed out right after I crossed the finish line and was dragged to the med tent. I am fine but I struggled physically with this half marathon. I think I may have been dehydrayed from the meds from the phuemonia.

Congrats to you Jill on your time and on doing the race at all. I'm really surprised you were released from your Doctor to do it, I had pneumonia and a scheduled 100K bike event 4 weeks out and my Doc wouldn't release me to do it he wanted me off the bike for at least 6 weeks to give myself a chance to fully recoup, in hindsight I'm glad he insisted pneumonia really knocked the crap outa me it took forever to get over it. I hope you don't have a relapse, please take very good care of yourself and get lots of rest!

I hope all goes well with your daughter as well.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I think you were crazy for doing it having had pneumonia, but if you felt you were up to it, fair enough!

I think that's an excellent time considering all the factors too, well done Jill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit