Wish me luck

by jillbedford 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

I have a big race tomorrow. I am running in the Knoxville half-marathon tomorrow morning. I have trained hard for this. My fastest half marathon was 3:05. I hope to beat this time. I really hope I will finish in 2:59. I have lost 32 lbs and have been training at a 12:30 pace on long distances. The Knoxville marathon is extremely hilly. If you look at the overall grade the whole thing is uphill.

As I posted before, I have had a terrible loss with my daughter leaving to live with her Dad. I must put this behind me to focus on my goals tomorrow. I feel strong and should, be able to accomplish this goal but if you kind folks would send well wishes my way maybe this would push me a little faster.

I wish you all a great weekend!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Wow...that is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck in accomplishing another goal!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Good luck to ya, (((JillBradford)))

Frannie

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Good luck with the big run!!! I'll think of you tomorrow as inspiration as I struggle to run two miles.

• anewme
    anewme

WOW from me too!!!!!!

Go girl!!!!!!

I am impressed to the max!!!!!!

Enjoy the run!!!!!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

What is a 'half marathon'? Never heard of that, but then I don't follow those things. Should I assume it to be 13 miles?

Jeff [of the curious class]

• free2think
    free2think

GOOD LUCK!!!

Wow that's great, I wanted to do a half marathon once but wasn't able to in the end. Hope you beat your time.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

13 miles is a nice long jog, especially if it's uphill.

I hope you are able to beat your previous time, and set a new personal record.

I'd never even touch a 5k, much less a half marathon! I admire your skills!

(By the way, why call it a half marathon? Can't they just say Mara?)

How are things going with the daughter? She still being a royal pain?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good luck and enjoy!

I used to do 10k races (6.2 miles) and they were bad enough. Also done 26 mile midnight walks for charity - that's punishing when you add the walk to lack of sleep! My best time for those was 7 hours.

• ninja
    ninja

I did the marathon in 3 hours 55...p.s it killed me even though I practiced hard for it....I HAVE hit the wall and its not too pleasant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit