Vodka ramblings

by Little Drummer Boy 14 Replies latest social humour

• Mystla
    Mystla
    sinus infection and bronchitis

Ugh!! that's a nasty combination! You should be fixing drinks for her!! You know the kind, with lemon and honey and a big shot of whiskey, nice and hot, down the hatch.. she'll feel better in no time.. or at least won't be feeling bad

Misty

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

What vodka were you drinking?

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Thanks Nvr. I might take you up on it sometime. That means a lot to me. I think I'll tell her to check in on this thread for the well wishes. She appreciates you guys a lot (so do I).

Hi Mystla....ya, I've been trying to do what I can. She is one of those hard-core types (you know how nurses are) that seems to be able to work through about anything. Not me. I'm a real wimp.

Hello SirNose! What kind of vodka you ask? Ahh...Sky. Comes in a bright blue bottle...ya can't miss it. This is the first bottle of it we've tried. Now let me tell you why we tried it. You see, it's like this. I'm very sensitive to chemicals. I can't even drink Jack Daniels because of the crap that's in it. If I don't drink a liquor that is of at least decent quality I get enormously sick from the toxins. So, we always try to buy stuff that has been triple distilled. That is the generally accepted minimum that will get out enough toxins. OK, not only is Sky triple distilled, but they also shove the stuff through activated charcoal filters (kinda like water filters). It has almost no scent. And doesn't have any taste (not that you can taste with your tongue numb anyway, heh). It is just pure make-'em-happy juice. One of the manufacturer's ideas is that - if it doesn't make you sick, you'll drink more. Guess what? It works. As evidenced by my post. I had no idea I was getting that blasted. I didn't have a hangover at all either. heh. I don't usually ever end up drunk, so I know I gotta watch it a bit better with this stuff because it's so hard to tell.

Thanks everybody for the thoughts!

• exwitless
    exwitless

Hey there! Yes, I am among the living once more. I'm doing better since I've been on my antibiotic for several days. I did actually call in sick to work one day last week! That's pretty bad for me, because that's only the 2nd time I've ever called in sick in my 7 years of working there (and the first time was 5 years ago after my son, 4 years old at the time, had major surgery and needed his mom home.) It takes a lot to get me down. But I really haven't felt well for the past month for various reasons, and this was like the 'straw that broke the camel's back'.

Thanks for your well-wishing. I really appreciate that.

As for vodka, I think the Skyy vodka is fine, but I still really like Absolut. Don't know why; I'm just partial to it.

• Mystla
    Mystla

Glad you are feeling better!!!

I've had a little too much rum this evening, so I may sound like the post that started this

I had a sinus infection and bronchitis at the same time once... I was sooo miserable. We didn't have insurance, but I drug my butt to the Dr.. They gave me a perscription for antibiotics and sent me home. After I started taking the antibiotic I got really naseous.. couldn't keep anything down. I called the Dr. They said I just needed to eat more when I took the antibiotic.. so I tried that. The results were not good. I called the Dr. again.. same answer. Then I broke out in huge hives. Now I have a sinus infection, bronchitis, puking, and big itchy hives allll over. Called the Dr. again. They said "hmmm, you may be allergic to the antibiotic" I was thinking "no shit, sherlock!" They gave me a different script and I started to mend and didn't die, though I wasn't sure there for awhile that I wanted to live.

I hope the antibiotics work better for you than they did for me

Misty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit