My cousin has left the morons... all on his own!

by dawg 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• dawg
    dawg

My cousin has left the borg, all on his own and he sounds like a recording of me! I'm no longer alone after 17 years; now I have someone to talk to and his experiences are alot like mine. To think, he refused to talk to me for over 17 years! He's psycotic right now just as i was when I first left, but he's coming along.

• greendawn
    greendawn

One more soul saved from the exploitative cult, his advantage is that you, one of his close relatives, have gone through the same experience and can help him with adjusting to the new life.

• unique1
    unique1

Congrats!

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Awesome!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

ONE of my cousins recently left too,and it is so nice to have family to relate too. I am glad I did not have to wait 17 years.

• Clam
    Clam

Great stuff Dawg. I hope that happens to me one day. I've got a neice who's faded but she won't talk about it to me. She's into keeping one foot in the JW camp to keep her parents happy, and will be going to the Memorial. I don't think it's just about keeping the peace either. She's yet to rid her mind of the indoctrination, ie she still thinks it might be "the truth". That's another barrier to overcome for many, and the internet is priceless in that process.

All the best

Clam

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Hip-Hip-Hooray!!! Bring him on the boards!!!! This place really helps...just to see how much we are all similar and have the same feelings. I am really happy for you and him!

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

You're a lucky "dawg"....

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Thansk goodness he saw the "truth" about the "lie." I am glad you have some family now to associate with. Help him get through the withdraw of the cult, he will need you.

Leslie

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hey! that is good news Dawg.... & after reading your pm, to me! I would say he couldnt have found a better cousin than you!!!! Your going to be a "rock" for him until he finds the TRUE ROCK!!!!! to stand on (((((HUGS)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit