watchtower and awake??

by NoLongerAjw 16 Replies latest jw friends

• WhatNow
    WhatNow

My subscription ran out a few months after I was disfellowshipped. I was still going to the KH regularly (it was before I saw 'the light' on the board), so I filled out the slips (both W and G-that's JW lingo for Watchtower and G(olden Age, aka Awake) and gave them to an elder I knew real well. Actually, I had my un-disfellowshipped teenage son 'hand' them to this elder. The elder wouldn't accept the check and paperwork. He told me to submit them direct to the society.

This MUST be a new policy. We used to submit ALL subscriptions through the local kingdom hall (so the local R&F could count it on their monthly reports).

The address is...

• WhatNow
    WhatNow

Oops, sorry...hit the wrong button and posted before I got the address. Here we go again. Send your subscription requests to:

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (or just "Watchtower")
    Walkill, NY 12589

...and hey, don't you dare accuse me of being a JW lurker trying to drum up 'business'...hummmmm, wait a minute. Maybe I could BUY my reinstatment. After all, 'selling' books and magazines is the main thrust of the worldwide education work, isn't it?

Second thought, write to me and I'll collect all of your donations and copy my W and G and mail it to you. How's that sound? But send me lots of money 'cause I gotta buy a copy machine, and stamps, and letter envelopes, and...

• Ranch
    Ranch

I don't know why yall want to torture yourselves like this!

Ranchette
    going through the can't stomach them phase.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Whatnow,

I thought that subscriptions were mainly handled through the KH. So an elder refusing your subscription might be a way to stop you getting the mags directly. I suppose that is the WTS idea of pastoral care.

I have obtained mags from laundramats. They are given away so I took then. I thought of asking the manager if I could have all of the supply in exchange for some decent maganzines with interesting articles. I didn't bother as I can't really see any point in reading the mags at every issue. It is all rehashed stuff...5 years of bound volumes covers everything you want to know. When there is a juicy bit of "new Light" it is always reported on the Internet and I have on occasion downloaded scans of articles for reading and quoting from. I frequently have to go to the airport and on weekdays I visit the JW desk and request the latest mags. Sometimes I have even been known to talk to the bored JWs on the desk and ask some policy questions. I tell them my parents are Witnesses...it makes them feel warm inside

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I'm not interested in anyone's idendity, but if you e-mail me an address I can send you recent WATCHTOWERS & AWAKES in the mail. They might be a few weeks old, but I get extra copies of each quite regularly.

There is a scripture that basically says, 'Out of their own mouths, they condemn themselves' and that is proven by some of the 'stuff' they write in the publications. You don't need 'Apostate' literature, they do it themselves.

So much for helping any 'Prodigal Sons' with the 'truth'! Food only goes to the 'faithful'!

Outaservice (but still countin my time!)

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Andi, don't worry about taking those rags out of your washateria; the dubs love it when you do that. They just put out some more and grin... unless Mommie has been there .

Whenever I find a Society mag in a public place, I take out my pen and annotate it for accuracy. I circle and highlight all the loaded language, non sequiturs, logical fallacies, etc. and make copious marginal notes. I write on the cover 'edited for truthfulness by Mommie Dark' and leave it where I found it. It passes the time in laundromats and waiting rooms, and it leaves the public with a better idea of what they are really doing.

Brother Wimpy Elder no longer leaves the rags at the College Laundy, so I guess I did something right!

Yours for REAL truth,
    MD

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

I am the servant of magazine! I give the magazines to the disfellowshipped bro or sis immeditatily if I see them! I have no fear to give them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit