Can a person be mad at "Jehovah and Jesus" and not be committing Blasphemy?

by booker-t 16 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Hey some of the greatest folks in the bible got pissed at god. Moses, Abel, Peter, Jonah....and he loved them nonetheless.

:)

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Who dreamt up the word 'Blasphemy' anyway?

Personally I think if Jehovah is supposed to be such a supreme deity and worthy of such worship and veneration he is also worthy of criticism for the complete balls up hes made so far...hes gotta take the rough with the smooth in my view. Anything else would just be an indication of a benign dictatorship!

Gary

'I dont want to cause any blasphemous rumours but I think that gods got a sick sense of humour, and when I die I expect to find him laughing!'

Depeche Mode - Blasphemous Rumours

Edited to provide the chorus from one of the best god hating criticising tracks ever written!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

If Jehovah and Jesus really are Jehovah and Jesus they understand exactly why we feel the way we do about Jehovah and Jesus.

Nvr

• blondie
    blondie

I think it is more blasphemous to:

1) Hit and/or scream at your children (supposedly gifts from God)

2) Hit and/or scream at your wife (supposedly a gift from God)

3) Does it need to be said that sexual abuse of children or wives is blasphemous

4) Destroying the reputations of people (especially at the KH)

5) Hiding behind man-made policies allowing children to be abused.

6) Lying about hiding behind man-made policies

Blondie

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I am just furious at Jehovah and Jesus. I think they play many games with people that worship them. They want "robots" not people with a free will and a mind of their own. They want "Stepford believers".

booker-t

I had these identical thoughts and feelings. I had so much rage toward Jehovah; and yet at the same time felt doomed for having such feelings.

I see things much differently now. I realized that when a small toddler becomes very angry at their parent and throws a fit; most healthy parents do not feel threatened or offended and wish to strike back in retribution. Their love for the child makes them realize that perhaps the child is not feeling well, is tired, or simply not mature enough to understand matters. A healthy parent would not feel enraged and want to strike their child dead. I believe that God views us the same way.

I think that many of us ex-Witnesses were indeed sick. We were fed so much erroneous information and dogma about God and Jesus Christ that simply isn't true. Our minds had been warped by the twisted views of men. I believe that God and His Son (in their infinite mercy and love) certainly understand this and have compassion for our feelings. That which is infinite power does not feel insecure or threatened by our thoughts and feelings.

The Watchtower God is a fabrication; a God which is arbitrary, insecure, and who easily gets his "nose out of joint". I came to realize that God's infinite mercy would certainly cover over the hateful feelings that I had harbored for Him.

Harboring feelings of hatred for the erroneous and fabricated portrayals of God that is touted by the Watchtower is not blasphemy. It is simple human nature.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

To be mad at J and J is being MAD. Come on. It's a waste of emotions. Being at mad at ones who have never shown up in my lifetime make it hard for me to show emotions to them when they make it hard for me to believe in them. To answer your question...NO. See you in hell

• greendawn
    greendawn

Indeed the God image that the WTS projects is not the genuine one it is a travesty of the real imagine and I can't see why it would be wrong to be upset with this false negative image as long as people realise sooner or later that it is not real, the JW god is not the real god. It's one they use to intimidate and control the masses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit