Logos

by Schism 17 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

As I thought, Photoshop. She says she also uses ImageReady, and a WYSIWYG to check her work. (Didn't say which WYSIWYG, though I suspect Dreamweaver.)

• Schism
    Schism

Thank you! That's so kind of you :)

• daystar
    daystar

You have a PM.

• Schism
    Schism

And you have a PM as well :)

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... I may not be that much help here... but in my work, I do Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layouts. Several of the clients in the past have had their logos on their letterhead, or business cards.

I scanned them into the computer, and then translated them into a format that I could/can use for placing on the PCB (or schematic) as a company logo. They have always been pleased.

(I've also designed logos in the past... drawing them using Postscript commands - but I do not recommend this for more than the simple logos, as it can get quite hairy.)

So - long story short - I would recommend that you freehand draw/sketch your logo idea, making it as detailed as you like - then scan it into the computer.

You will not lose that much resolution if done correctly, and it will actually look quite nice. Just be careful of reducing it to lower bit dentisies or resolutions on the screen. These will look poor when printed out - unless you're going business card-sized graphics.

Regards,

Jim TX

• forsharry
    forsharry

the problem is that all your artistry means bunk when it comes to the computer programs out there.

I've been working with photoshop, illustrator, quarkxpress, indesign, freehand, etc. as a graphic designer, and I am pretty good artist...but it's hard to translate it over to these programs because of the learning curve behind them.

If you want to draw something using a program...i'd suggest illustrator because you can use a pen tool and create curves and them manipulate the line over your drawing.

• Schism
    Schism
    the problem is that all your artistry means bunk when it comes to the computer programs out there

Ah yes, but that is why I'm here to ask about the recommended programs.

• rassillon
    rassillon

I would give paint.net

http://www.getpaint.net/index2.html

Draw on paper then scan it in.

Paint.net is free and has a lot of good features.

I think it would be a good place to start before you go out and buy a professional tool.

You may later decide you need something with more features.

PSP, Corel....these all have a big learning curve.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit