New duds for the Assembly/Convention

by gcc2k 4 Replies latest jw friends

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

My wife seems to break out new outfits for her and the kids at these events.
    I get the idea when someone is single (sisters are "fellowshopping" - always loved that term).
    Old habits die hard, perhaps? The same goes for the Memorial - everyone always seems to sport new dresses. Well, the women anyway, no one cares what the brothers are wearing except the elders :)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is no different from other religions. Easter and Christmas, or Revival, or Barmitzvah, or weddings, or
    any special events bring out the newest dresses, hats, and shoes.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I think that happens everywhere..When I was a kid I remember getting new shoes for the assemblys..Kids grow so fast and it was a good time to get them..On the other hand it`s a shitty time to break in new shoes..My feet would get soooooo sore..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think the possibility of wearing new clothes gives them somehting to look forward to as the end is no where in site. Or is that the end is just around the corner so party with some new clothes.

• Numinous
    Numinous

As a heterosexual woman, and I know I am not alone in this, I looked forward to what was going to happen next on the runway of Memorial night and conventions. Clothing is the last vestige of individuality left for so many of these women, and really, these occasions were an excuse to go all out...right up till the time your husband becomes and elder and...oh. That's another story...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit