2007 "Follow the Christ" DC of JW

by bobld 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• bobld
    bobld

Are you looking forward to the 2007 DC?It will be the best ever.Will you be there for fellowship and association?Have you started making preparations?Have you requested time off work?Have you booked your Hotel room?What will your goal be at the DC this year? ALL VERY GOOD QUESTIONS.

Why is the 2007 convention special? Because you ARE invited.You will be given a special INVITATION.In fact,there is a worldwide campaign to advertise this convention with a special handbill.Per KM02/07 is the fallowing presentation"This is YOUR INVITATION to an upcoming important yearly event.YOU WILL BE WARMLY WELCOMED. The details are on the invitation."

What does this mean? Well everyone, I mean everyone is INVITED.This includes:

APOSTATES:Who hate Jehovah,Who are rebellious. WHo are revolting,Who reject Jehovah's Organization.Who are filled with Lawlessness=Disloyal to Jehovah=Misery,Corruption=Death.

Disfellowedshiped Ones: Which are persons JW are not to have any Spiritual Association.

Roman Catholics: See WT'S of how bad these people are.

Wordly People: We are not to associate with work mates or school mates.

There are many references to APOSTATES in WTS Mags.I'll just use one July 1,94,p11-13

"Beware of Poisonous Food on the Table of Demons.Food dispensed by the evil Slave Class and APOSTATES. Yes APOSTATES publish literature that resorts to distortions,half-truths and out right falsehood.What do you expect form the table of demons.

WELL HERE IT IS FOLKS.THIS IS A REALLY GOOOOOOOD ONE.

THEY EVEN PICKET WITNESS CONVENTION,TRYING TO TRAP THE UNWARY."Guess what, forget the picketing outside they are inviting the APOSTATE right into the building.

There is one consolation of inviting DISFELLOWSHIPED One, they can see their 4 year old daugher or son.They can give them a hug and there isn't one thing the GB can do about it becaused they invited the DISFELLOWSHIPED ONES.Yes the light got brillant and now disfellowshiped ones can associate and fellowshiped with one another.Isn't the Faithful Slave and the GB ever so kind. What about the APOSTATES well they don't have picket in the hot sun and be harassed by the Elders/MS.Also they can bring food in commerically advistised containers.Speaking of bring food. KM of I believe of '95 or '96.WTS didn't want anyone going out for lunch because the Vendors wanted to sell food.This would mean associating with worldly people AH AH AH AH AH.

Bob

PS Maybe this invitation is a legal move or they are showing humane acts of kindness.

• Gill
    Gill

Does it really say 'everyone' in the invitations?

If it does say 'everyone' we have to remember that the WTBTS uses 'doublespeak' and means 'everyone but the usual suspects', ie DF'd, apostates etc.

Nice move WT but we got your number....and it ain't pretty!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You're a good man Bob. I really like your style.

Keep it coming.

Nvr

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Invited or not, I still wouldn't be caught dead there!!

nj

• Emma
    Emma

Wait wait wait! I thought last years DC was the Last One before the big A!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The Christian posters will not be able to complain that they never mention Jesus...perhaps all their comments had an effect?

• blondie
    blondie

But is it Jesus or the 144,000 plus Jesus they are talking about?

The Christ = remnant of anointed JWs on earth but really the GB

Blondie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Christ = remnant of anointed JWs on earth but really the GB

Even if they don't directly say that during the 3 days, "Follow the Christ" is a direct invitation
    for them to tell you how Jesus is in charge of things down here on Earth, and Jesus said
    that the WTS is his faithful and discreet slave, appointed over all his belongings.
    THEREFORE- "Follow the Christ" means to follow the Governing Body.

I actually anticipate that this will be a heavy year. They will say OBEY, OBEY, OBEY!!!!!!!!
    Oh, keep in expectation of the end, because that helps you to OBEY.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

So, who is picketing this year in Tacoma, WA? I wanna go, I wanna go......

• zack
    zack

Whether it is FOLLOW THE CHRIST or WHO DO YOU OBEY it all ends with obedience and submission to

GOD'S ORGANIZATION, the GB, a dozen or so men at any point in time. Men. Men. Men. Not even really smart guys, either.

I quote Psalms to my wife all the time. You know, the one that says not to put your trust in the sons of earthling men, to whom NO salvation belongs. It usually

works as a conversation stopper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit