Classical music anyone?

by zagor 47 Replies latest social entertainment

• Celia
    Celia

Our local PBS station shows Great Performances, Concerts, Operas.... I love it all.

When driving, all I listen to is Public Radio, for the Classical Music. I love Piano music, makes me think of Farkel....

And, hmm... I love the Gilbert & Sullivan Operettas.... Ruddigore, Yeomen of the Guard....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wow I'm surprised that so many of you like Classical music.

I often use classical music to help me sleep.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Amen Nvrgnbk!

Open mind, don't be ashamed to like what you like. That's what makes this place beautiful. No one is judging you anymore. What a pleasant change, no?

As for being a classical music airhead I think I'll continue to be one until the kids are grown. The only time I can sit down and really try to do justice to it is late at night and then, like Lady Lee, I fall asleep. I can't just turn it on and turn it off like pop music.

Adding to list of favorites:

Clare de Lune, Debussy. If you can play both hands of this on the piano and keep an even tempo, you're probably a closet ambidextrous.

Open Mind

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Zagor~ That first video and music of Maxim Mrvica, Exodus gave me goosebumps. I really liked it. Thanks. I never know what to look up to enjoy classical or modern classical type music, but upon hearing it, I do know i enjoy it. so thanks for giving me some leads. I will check out some of the others people have posted also. I have to say that Trans Siberian's Sarajevo Christmas Eve is still one of my favorite. Just chilling.

• forsharry
    forsharry

Debussy''s Claire de Lune is my alltime favorite...

it brings tears to my eyes every single time i listen to it without fail.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

ALL RIGHT!!! I've been W - A - I - T - I - N - G for this thread...

Now I get to hear all kinds of stuff that I haven't been exposed to...but have always wanted to be....

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Its impressive how many animated cartoons are set to classical music. I like Stravinskis' "Rites Of Spring" and "Firebird Suite", both featured in Disneys Fantasia and Fantasia 2000. Bugs Bunny cuts Elmer Fudds hair to the tune of "The Barber of Seville". Another Bugs Bunny cartoon is set to Wegners "Ride of the Valkyries". Still another old Warner Brothers cartoon features a feeble crow with a strange, hopping walk and an unidentified classical track. The punchline was that when other animals attack the crow, it beats them quite soundly. In an early Popeye cartoon, Sweet Pea is exploring a construction site, and in danger of being injured, while "modern classical" music plays. The two Warner Brothers gophers get into a canning factory and have an adventure, while similar "modern classical" plays. And don't forget the theme song for the Simpsons.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Mozart's 25th. One of my favorite pieces. Also, LOVE the Radetsky March.....Got tickets to see Andre Rieu next month....

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I love strings and quartet music. Vivaldi and Corelli come to mind; I heard something lovely by Corelli as I was going out the door this a.m.

I love to listen to Cecilia Bartolli.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

There are so many familiar pieces that I don't know the names of...or even who the composer was.....For example, there is this British Comedy that is shown on PBS here in the US called "Waiting for God". I love the opening piece, but don't know the name of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit