Classical music anyone?

by zagor 47 Replies latest social entertainment

• LynnA
    LynnA

When I want my classical fix I tune to our local NPR station. You can find it on the web at wksu.org

These days I usually stay tuned to folkalley.com . Listening to Dylan at the mo...

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I love classical music (as well as many other genres).

Some of my all time favorites:

Beethoven- Piano Sonata No.14 in C sharp minor 'Moonlight Sonata' Op. 27/2: Adagio sostenuto

Bach- Prelude for lute in C minor, BWV 999

Joaquin Rodrigo- Concierto de Aranjuez for guitar & orchestra: 2nd movement

Pachelbel- Canon and Gigue for 3 violins & continuo in D major: Canon

Bach- Oboe Concerto in D minor, BWV 1059r

Mozart- Piano Concerto No. 21 in C major 'Elvira Madigan' K. 467: Andante

Beethoven- Symphony No. 7 in A major, Op. 92: Allegretto

Franz Schubert- Quintet for 2 violins, viola & 2 cellos in C major, D. 956, Op. posth. 163: Adagio

Bach- Suite for orchestra No 3 in D major, BWV 1068: Air

Mozart- Clarinet Concerto in A major, K. 622: Adagio

Mozart- Piano Concerto No. 23 in A major, K. 488: 2nd movement

Beethoven- Minuet for piano in G major, Wo0 10/2

Gaetano Donizetti- Andante sostenuto for oboe & harp in F minor

BA- Many more as well, these are what I'm listening to right now.

PS- There's a 10 CD set on the Delta label titled "Meditation: Classical relaxation", that is the best of the best, imo.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yes, I truly love classical music and good operas. Don't have favs, but don't like morbid tunes and some are.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Absolutly..In Canada CBC2 fm is the one..Classical&Opera..And..The DJ`s give you the backround and history of the music..Very cool...OUTLAW

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Chopin can really mess you up. In a painfully good way, that is.

I know, I love him too, check these out, you'll love it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9NrQzJCWW8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPHJT5kZhIY

Wow zagor. Thanks for sharing that. Imagine the heart that created this. Mind-blowing.

Thanks again for lookin' out.

Nvr

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Joaquin Rodrigo- Concierto de Aranjuez for guitar & orchestra: 2nd movement

A personal fave Bro A. Nice picks!

Nvr

• Open mind
    Open mind

O Mio Babbino Caro by Puccini is one of my favorite, bubble gummy, tug-at-your-heartstrings pieces of all time. Whenever it's included in a soundtrack I feel like one of Pavlov's stupid dogs. Except instead of salivating my eyes start getting misty.

By the way, we recently checked out Andre Rieu's "Tuscany" DVD from the library. It's beautiful if you like kind of a sugary, greatest hits of classical aimed to please the masses sort of thing. (Which, BTW,when it comes to classical, I'm an airhead and that's what I like)

Open Mind

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I'm an airhead

Open mind, don't be ashamed to like what you like. That's what makes this place beautiful. No one is judging you anymore. What a pleasant change, no?

Nvr

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

tchiakovskys 1812 for me too

and madame butterfly

but plenty of others aswell

and there is plenty of classical music being sampled in todays 'pop'...just in case u younguns think you are too cool for classical lol

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

As a former music major (piano was my major instrument but I dabbled in violin and viola and did play in the college orchestra) I sometimes find myself in the position of preferring to *play* classical rather than listen to it. That is changing over the years. Bach is especially wonderful (Cassals on Bach's unaccompanied Cello Suites is a big favorite).

I adore Debussy but listening is almost frustrating if I can't sit down and play. ;) Musicians are a wierd lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit