Dallas in the Spring

by Sparkplug 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

So I have been tooling about Dallas doing some work on the weekend. Here are a few things our apostafest friends have to look forward to (perhaps) when in town. This is some of the local fun and flowers happening and I hope you enjoy. Mind you, I am not that good at the nature photography, but I still think the area is pretty. I threw some of the love pics in there, because well, they are my favorite, and with Xena and Lil Toe getting married, love is in the air...enjoy!

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

nice pictures.

I'm drawn to pictures like the last one.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Thanks Chameleon, I really enjoyed taking the last three. I can see how they did distort a bit when I tried to post them, but I think they still look a bit close to what I see tham as in final size. I was thinking of that photo "The Kiss" taken in Paris was it? At any rate, that is one of my favorite photos and I wanted to get a "feel" such as in that photo for my client. I don't know, something about the whole day was just beautiful. It smelled so pretty out there and they were such a cute couple.

(I did feel a bit bad for her when I saw her today... she said her back hurt from taking so many shots. ) I think it was worth it though.

I want to go back out to the place I took these and just picnic. I think it would be nice to just enjoy and not work.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Gorgeous pics sparky - was the lady on the bench amidst that spread of flowers the same as the one in the kiss pics? They are gorgeous photos! Full of life - just as spring should be.

Makes me even more excited about coming!

• Been there
    Been there

Nice pics sparkplug, Spring has sprung.

Did any one else notice the face on her leg peeking out from under her dress on the last photo? or am I just weird?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Those are great Sparky!! You've got a very nice style. :)

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Ah, the Arboretum in spring is wonderful! Especially when interpreted by such a good photographer! But Sparkplug only has to look out her front window at this time of year to get some great shots. The City of Richardson plants wildflowers on the street medians and in the yard of the public library and it is a riot of color. I took Jennie there when she was 2 and got some stellar shots. Alas, I did the same thing with Jackson two years later and found out that he was really REALLY allergic to the great outdoors. Instead of a dimpled smile, his photos show a very pained expression and he got redder and redder from the rash that almost immediately broke out.

Nina

• Xena
    Xena

Beautiful pictures Gotta love Texas in the spring, even as you are sneezing.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Love the last one particularly!

Those enfolding black/white trees really focus one's attention on the couple. Very nice indeed!

Without checking, I think The Kiss was staged and shot in New York but I could well be wrong......

tim

• themonster123
    themonster123

really pretty!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit