I used to have the best conversations with my Mom when I was a dub-not now

by themonster123 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

themonster -

Most jdubs have a very limited range of "real life experience", they only know the borg. So when you try to talk to them about everday life experiences they are lost. If it's not related to the borg they can't relate to it.

You are lucky that you at least still have contact with your mom, I think my mother hates me, at the least she doesn't like me. I like to tell myself that it doesn't matter anymore, I'm done with trying to win her approval or love. But deep down inside there is still the little girl that want's her mothers unconditional love.

I hope things get better for you.

nj

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

It used to be easy to talk to my parents, too. Believe me, it is not your fault. It is just a manifestation of the cult mind. If you somehow could get her out of the Borg for a year, you would see the difference. For my part, I refuse to have any discussion about doctrine with my family. Still, they like to make remarks that somehow are supposed to "wake me up" and get me back into the Borg. Since I have no desire to argue, and I realize it would only cause them to throw up mental blocks, I say nothing in response to comments like "this old world will end soon."

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit