Children

by LittleToe 19 Replies latest social family

• Xena
    Xena

bttt

• Zico
    Zico

LT, have you read anything else from Kahlil Gibran? He is a brilliant writer, although his section on 'Children' in The Prophet was his best part in my opinion.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mouthy:
    12, and a darling!

Teen years ahead - "Danger Will Robinson!"

Zico:Yes, he has a fascinating way of putting things.

Restrangled:
    True, though its one thing to be there for them and another to attempt to control their destiny, IMHO

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy:
    12, and a darling! Oh so you have the teenager years to help bring her up >>>>Good luck I hope she will love her step dad as we do ((((HUG))

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

"For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams"

"I see babies . . . they'll know more than I'll ever know. . . what a wonderful world."

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Here is some totally practical advice amidst all the warm fuzzies:

As the parent to a number of daughters, my advice is have her mom keep track of the daughter's monthly cycle--interestingly enough, it seems that women who live together often are on a similar cycle (could be genetics?) Anyways, sometimes we would be totally blown away by behaviour issues, and then we would remember "Oh yeah....PMS!" So no, thankfully, our daughter did not just become demon posessed, she is just acting that way for a couple of days. Try living in a house with 4 of them all acting this way at the same time. Someone around here deserves a medal!

TS

PS Remember children are a blessing from the Lord, and happy is the man who has a quiver full, so you two better get cracking after the honeymoon!

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Sorry, I was carried away by my silliness that I forgot to mention:

We were in a wedding recently where there was a step daughter involved. She was the flower girl and the most moving part of the ceremony was when Mom and Dad got down to her level and made vows before God to raise her and love her as their own, and to raise her in a loving, godly home. There was not a dry eye in the room!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

LT

12, and a darling!

Teen years ahead - "Danger Will Robinson!"

My thoughts and prayers are with you no matter if you are inheriting or if it is your own. Those years are the worst, I had three teenagers living in my home at the same time

Yeah-We could have solved the worlds problems, you will soon understand that comment.

Congrats to you both and enjoy.

abr

• choosing life
    choosing life

LT,

Came across this before. It is oh so true and beautiful. My baby is going to have a baby and it seems that the phases of parenthood never really end, they just continually change. One thing that never changes is the love you have for your children, no matter what age they might become. Letting go is definately an art that has to be continually fine tuned.

Congrats on your marriage and new family. Sounds like a blessed time in your life. Cherish it!

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

The teen years are challenging for many, but I cannot honestly say in my own experience as a parent that the teen years were the worst. I could be wrong though, as I've still got 8 months left until daughter is finished being a teen. It's all a challenge, but a beautiful one. No regrets(, just worries).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit