Anyone seen a Memorial talk outline?

by undercover 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Sasha
    Sasha

what's with the fags and gay's? I'm not sure I like the disrepect associatetd with you're post, at all. (Not that I approve of homosexuals...)But I'm not homophobic, I just think it is wrong. That's if you read and follow the laws of the bible. No, I don't care for you're post at all. I found it reather disgusting.

• jeanV
    jeanV

I have the outline of last year and of this year. have not compared them yet. If anyone knows how to post them please contact me by pm, I will e-mail them.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Wasn't there suppose to be some special announcement made at the memorial this year? If so, does anyone know what it was?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    what's with the fags and gay's? I'm not sure I like the disrepect associatetd with you're post, at all. (Not that I approve of homosexuals...)But I'm not homophobic, I just think it is wrong. That's if you read and follow the laws of the bible. No, I don't care for you're post at all. I found it reather disgusting.

I think its highly likely that the fictitous character that was Jesus was gay as a Lord. I don't really see how you can disrespect a fictitious character to be fair, but anyway I think to say he might have been gay is an amazing compliment.

Very glad that you are quite sure about your views on homosexuality. You're not homophobic (Homophobia is the fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals. [1] It can also mean hatred, hostility, or disapproval of ) you just think its wrong and you find references to it disgusting. I'm glad we're all clear on that. Like Jesus' famous co-cottager himself sang after getting caught in the park: "you gotta have-a faith - a-faith a-faith"
  • blondie
    blondie

They routinely announce a "special" talk to be given at the local KH about 2 weeks after the memorial. Unless it falls during the CO's visit or an assembly day, it will be 4/15/07 Sunday, "You Can Feel Safe in this Troubled World."

Blondie

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Jonathan: Hello my name is Jonathan

Audience: Hi Jonathan

Jonathan: I haven't been to a Memorial in 9 years

Audience: clapping hands

You know they probably won't even touch on the whole 1935 thing, not in a memorial talk but if they do I'd love to know about it.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

According to the text of the outline for the Special Talk, it begins with lots about 1914 and how the world is unsafer since then. Also, how the Bible Students "knew that 1914 was a significant year".

What they don't say is that they also thought that 1874 was a "significant year" for the same reason !!

The question is also posed that asks, " How, then, is it possible to live in this troubled world and not be terrified?"

Maybe they have forgotten about this verse...

"You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. Don't be alarmed! These things must happen, but they don't mean that the end has come.

[Matthew 24:6 GW]

Also emphasis is on "actively supporting" Christ's brothers (the annointed)

Not sure how that will fit with the masses now being able to consider themselves annointed...

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

My mistake - they do seem to mention that verse, but neatly miss out the bits about being deceived...

" [Read Matthew 24:3, 6-8]"

Matthew 24:3-8 NWT

[3]

While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: "Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?"

[4]

And in answer Jesus said to them: "Look out that nobody misleads YOU;

[5]

for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many.

[6]

YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.

[7]

"For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another.

[8]

All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I think its highly likely that the fictitous character that was Jesus was gay as a Lord. I don't really see how you can disrespect a fictitious character to be fair, but anyway I think to say he might have been gay is an amazing compliment.

Very glad that you are quite sure about your views on homosexuality. You're not homophobic (Homophobia is the fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals. [1] It can also mean hatred, hostility, or disapproval of ) you just think its wrong and you find references to it disgusting. I'm glad we're all clear on that. Like Jesus' famous co-cottager himself sang after getting caught in the park: "you gotta have-a faith - a-faith a-faith" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Well sung Crumpet.
  • jeanV
    jeanV
    Wasn't there suppose to be some special announcement made at the memorial this year? If so, does anyone know what it was?

the only announcement was the standard one for new ones to ask for a home bible study, etc... anyone has some feedback regarding attendance? in our circuit it was +1 person from last year, so the campaign with invitations was a flop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit